12-08-2019, 08:59 PM
User Info
Any Chai Tea drinkers in here who like to make a cup at home (not homemade)? I've been using Pacific Chai in powder form from a can. So far I've used it with water as directed but I've been wondering about heating up some milk for it too, maybe a water/milk blend.

I used to use Oregon Chai liquid but got tired of it for some reason. Might give it another try.

0 50
 01-27-2020, 12:55 AM
User Info
Occasionally, chai latte. Chai with spices and frothed milk. 

[Image: 2AWayAw.jpg]

0 479
 01-29-2020, 05:43 AM
User Info
I have used pre-made Chai mixes but in ketosis, since they're also presweetened with sugar they are a no-no.

I could easily make my own homemade and sweeten it with ketosis safe sweeteners but I haven't yet. Instead I'm doing lots of green tea and when I get the time, hot cocoa.

32 6,603
 03-28-2020, 03:01 PM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
Late to the game here.  But I just joined a few days ago.  Chai is wonderful.  My wife & I own a coffee & tea shop.  We use Rishi organic chai in the sachets for the cafe.  One of our top selling drinks.  Mug gets filled 1/2 way with water over sachet & a 5 minute steep.  Spoon of honey & mug filled out with steamed milk.  

Even before we opened the cafe, we were avid coffee and tea drinkers.  And none of the concentrates were to our liking.  Bland at best.  And we determined from the start to not cut corners with concentrates or powders.  Another great chai is from Steven Smith Tea Maker.  We have 8 varieties of Smith teas to anchor our tea program.  Anyways, back to the chai.  The Smith chai is very close in taste to the Rishi.  But just a slight bit more peppercorn accent.  We prefer the slight nod to the clove that's in the Rishi.  So those are two good ones to try.

0 138