12-08-2019, 09:50 PM
User Info
I have a friend who is going to India for a visit and has agreed to bring some stuff for me. I am asking everyone for recommendations of shaving creams or soaps from India that are a must have. I am primarily interested in creams and soaps, but if you know of any other outstanding shaving products from India, feel free to mention.

0 90
 12-08-2019, 10:02 PM
User Info
I have not used any of the Indian shaving products in the last 12 yrs or so apart from Old Spice Original Aftershave. Park Avenue range may be tried on the shaving side.

But would like to recommend a few other items, if I may.

Mysore Millennium Sandalwood bath soap is a must have. Most premium soap I have come across here in India.

Vicco ayurvedic creams, a few herbal toothpastes like Meswak are worth giving a try.

If you have anything specific in mind do DM me and I would be happy to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 1,279
 12-09-2019, 08:14 PM
User Info
(12-08-2019, 10:02 PM)Jags009 Wrote: I have not used any of the Indian shaving products in the last 12 yrs or so apart from Old Spice Original Aftershave. Park Avenue range may be tried on the shaving side.

Mysore Millennium Sandalwood bath soap is a must have. Most premium soap I have come across here in India.

Vicco ayurvedic creams, a few herbal toothpastes like Meswak are worth giving a try.

Thanks! Does Vicco make shaving products? or are you referring to skin and face creams? 

Regarding shaving creams, I currently have palmolive, park avenue and old spice on the list. Are vi-john and godrej shaving creams any good?

0 90
 12-10-2019, 10:57 PM
User Info
If I was going to India, I'd say "must have" is Godrej. I've never used it, but I understand it's cheap as heck, sort of the Arko of India. In fact I went to an Indian grocery store and asked if they imported it. The clerk (owner?) sort of looked into the distance and said something along the lines of "That's a name I haven't heard in a long time." as if he was Obi Wan Kenobi.

6 1,107
 12-11-2019, 12:24 PM
User Info
I used to use the Indian shaving creams quite a lot before I bought 9 jars of Maca Root shave cream from Body Shop in Dec of 2015 which kicked off my journey into wet shaving.  Revisiting them(and I've used park avenue, Vicco, etc...) they don't seem nearly as good as they did when I was using them daily.

1 533
 12-12-2019, 12:48 AM
User Info
(12-08-2019, 09:50 PM)meshave Wrote: I have a friend who is going to India for a visit and has agreed to bring some stuff for me. I am asking everyone for recommendations of shaving creams or soaps from India that are a must have. I am primarily interested in creams and soaps, but if you know of any other outstanding shaving products from India, feel free to mention.

There is an Ayurvedic skin care company called Forest Essentials (forestessentialsindia.com). They have multiple locations in India. They make fantastic shave cream, preshave oil and A/S spray. I particularly like the Mandarin and Aloe A/S spray. Highly recommended.

1 34
 12-12-2019, 12:52 AM
User Info
(12-09-2019, 08:14 PM)meshave Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 10:02 PM)Jags009 Wrote: I have not used any of the Indian shaving products in the last 12 yrs or so apart from Old Spice Original Aftershave. Park Avenue range may be tried on the shaving side.

Thanks! Does Vicco make shaving products? or are you referring to skin and face creams? 

Regarding shaving creams, I currently have palmolive, park avenue and old spice on the list. Are vi-john and godrej shaving creams any good?

Vicco is into skin care products. Facial creams etc.

Had used a vi-john may be 2 decades back (my father's) and found the scent Ok to my liking. Other than that, don't remember anything about it. You may still get it since it won't cost you more than 1.5$ for the tube imo.

4 1,279