12-17-2019, 03:43 PM
User Info
I received two wonderful French razors a little more than a week ago. One was a NOS LeCoq Cage head and the other a nice user Famex that came with an additional head. A friend on another board suggested a Rockwell top cap which would be compatible with any standard razor handle. When the cap arrived I grabbed an extra Ikon Barberpole handle I had and voila, FrankenFamex! Ironically, I think I prefer the balance and heft of the FrankenFamex to the real deal! Go figure!
[Image: WW8Sg4b.jpg][Image: z5cgWXw.jpg][Image: VJp0FiV.jpg][Image: WhijiJu.jpg][Image: tY7uZej.jpg]

0 53
 12-17-2019, 04:09 PM
User Info
Very nice. I like the unique head design on those. I’ve read those are pretty aggressive but I bet the top cap has something to do with that.
BTW, I think that is an ATT atlas handle, which I think is a very good handle.
Enjoy!

9 1,547
 12-17-2019, 05:03 PM
User Info
(12-17-2019, 04:09 PM)lloydrm Wrote: Very nice. I like the unique head design on those. I’ve read those are pretty aggressive but I bet the top cap has something to do with that.
BTW, I think that is an ATT atlas handle, which I think is a very good handle.
Enjoy!

You’re correct! It is an Atlas handle. I had it wedded to an Ikon head and forgot that it was an ATT handle. I actually really like an efficient shave. These razors deliver.

0 53