12-23-2019, 09:58 AM
User Info
On other forums I get a notification usually on the upper right corner when there's a new post on threads I'm subscribed to, but I'm not seeing any notifications here. 

Am I missing something? 

I know I can setup email notifications but I don't want to get bombarded by emails all day.

1 79
 12-23-2019, 01:35 PM
User Info
If you want to receive notifications without emails, there are two (2) options in MyBB 1.8 that I'm aware of. Both can be selected when creating a new thread or when you hit "Reply" (not Quick Reply) in an existing thread.

First off; notification by PM.
[Image: hHsX5Pw.jpg]
This will send you a PM on the forum when there is new replies, but if your settings is set to send an email when you get a PM.... well, you can see how that will result in an email if that is case.

Second option; subscribe without notification:
[Image: HjIeWJt.jpg]
This will send neither PMs nor emails. To check your subscribed threads, click on the drop down menu (upper right) and select "Subscribed Threads"
[Image: 9vfpVP0.jpg]

Hope this helps Smile

3 7,173
 12-23-2019, 01:58 PM
User Info
(12-23-2019, 01:35 PM)WegianWarrior Wrote: If you want to receive notifications without emails, there are two (2) options in MyBB 1.8 that I'm aware of. Both can be selected when creating a new thread or when you hit "Reply" (not Quick Reply) in an existing thread.

First off; notification by PM.
[Image: hHsX5Pw.jpg]
This will send you a PM on the forum when there is new replies, but if your settings is set to send an email when you get a PM.... well, you can see how that will result in an email if that is case.

Second option; subscribe without notification:
[Image: HjIeWJt.jpg]
This will send neither PMs nor emails. To check your subscribed threads, click on the drop down menu (upper right) and select "Subscribed Threads"
[Image: 9vfpVP0.jpg]

Hope this helps Smile

Thanks for that, I was checking out the subscribed threads section, but when I click on a thread, it takes me to the very beginning of that thread. Kind of annoying. I wish it would take you to the first unread post on that thread.

1 79
 12-23-2019, 11:37 PM
User Info
[Image: KiJvYUY.jpg]

If you go to your list of subscribed threads, threads that have new, unread posts in them should have an arrow next to the thread details. Clicking on the arrow should bring you to the first unread post - just as it does on the lists of "new posts" and "today's posts", since it's using the same code with different search parameters.

I honestly don't use the subscribed threads feature much - I just look at what's new a few times a day Smile

3 7,173
 12-24-2019, 08:09 AM
User Info
(12-23-2019, 11:37 PM)WegianWarrior Wrote: [Image: KiJvYUY.jpg]

If you go to your list of subscribed threads, threads that have new, unread posts in them should have an arrow next to the thread details. Clicking on the arrow should bring you to the first unread post - just as it does on the lists of "new posts" and "today's posts", since it's using the same code with different search parameters.

I honestly don't use the subscribed threads feature much - I just look at what's new a few times a day Smile

Very helpful, thanks a lot!

1 79
 12-24-2019, 01:37 PM
User Info
Happy to help Smile

3 7,173