09-24-2012, 02:27 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
In one of my recent orders I also bought a tube of Nuka shave cream with menthol. This is a product made in Bulgaria. As advertised it makes a ton of lather from a small amount of cream but that is it. This stuff smells only of soap big time. If this has menthol in it as stated on the box and tube then I totally lost my sense of smell.
Bottom line. I will use it up and then pretend that it never existed.

100 12,437
 09-24-2012, 02:32 PM
User Info
I know it says menthol on the label, but I surely couldn't find it. I do like the cream though. I don't think that I'll buy it again with the huge variety of creams that are out there, but I do enjoy using it.

0 836
 09-24-2012, 03:45 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(09-24-2012, 02:32 PM)5Savages Wrote: I know it says menthol on the label, but I surely couldn't find it. I do like the cream though. I don't think that I'll buy it again with the huge variety of creams that are out there, but I do enjoy using it.

If it has menthol it would have fooled me. But it does make a lot of lather but it smells like soap. Brands like Proraso are so much better.

100 12,437
 09-24-2012, 04:29 PM
User Info
How does it perform ?

I only ask because I like to have a nice lathering cream around sometimes to boost a poorer performing product, or to add to something I may have over watered. I usually use KMF Unscented for that, but I used the last of my supply.

The Nuka appears to be dirt cheap on Shaveabuck so for a nice price it may be worth nabbing a tube.

0 252
 09-24-2012, 05:36 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
My friends, I swear I am not trying to criticize or contradict you. The pronounciation of this cream is so deceiving because it is written in Bulgarian on the tube. It is pronounced as PIKA. Let us not forget that Bulgarian, like Russian, is written in the Cyrillic alphabet. I speak fluent Russian, and I read the language as well, and since Bulgarian is also a Slavic language, and I can read it perfectly, and understand it fairly well. I agree 100% with what has been said about this cream.

3 2,561
 09-24-2012, 07:12 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(09-24-2012, 04:29 PM)GeneAut Wrote: How does it perform ?

I only ask because I like to have a nice lathering cream around sometimes to boost a poorer performing product, or to add to something I may have over watered. I usually use KMF Unscented for that, but I used the last of my supply.

The Nuka appears to be dirt cheap on Shaveabuck so for a nice price it may be worth nabbing a tube.

Stick with KMF it is very good and very cheap. They have all different scents and smells what is advertised. The Nuka clearly says on the tube "with menthol" but I doubt it.

100 12,437
 09-24-2012, 07:19 PM
User Info
(09-24-2012, 03:45 PM)slantman Wrote:
(09-24-2012, 02:32 PM)5Savages Wrote: I know it says menthol on the label, but I surely couldn't find it. I do like the cream though. I don't think that I'll buy it again with the huge variety of creams that are out there, but I do enjoy using it.

If it has menthol it would have fooled me. But it does make a lot of lather but it smells like soap. Brands like Proraso are so much better.

Sounds a lot like Derby Menthol s/c...

1 94
 09-24-2012, 08:10 PM
User Info
(09-24-2012, 05:36 PM)JAYDEE Wrote: My friends, I swear I am not trying to criticize or contradict you. The pronounciation of this cream is so deceiving because it is written in Bulgarian on the tube. It is pronounced as PIKA. Let us not forget that Bulgarian, like Russian, is written in the Cyrillic alphabet. I speak fluent Russian, and I read the language as well, and since Bulgarian is also a Slavic language, and I can read it perfectly, and understand it fairly well. I agree 100% with what has been said about this cream.

I just assumed he was writing the name in Cyrillic, not trying to pronounce it.
Smile

0 836
 09-25-2012, 02:23 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(09-24-2012, 08:10 PM)5Savages Wrote:
(09-24-2012, 05:36 PM)JAYDEE Wrote: My friends, I swear I am not trying to criticize or contradict you. The pronounciation of this cream is so deceiving because it is written in Bulgarian on the tube. It is pronounced as PIKA. Let us not forget that Bulgarian, like Russian, is written in the Cyrillic alphabet. I speak fluent Russian, and I read the language as well, and since Bulgarian is also a Slavic language, and I can read it perfectly, and understand it fairly well. I agree 100% with what has been said about this cream.

I just assumed he was writing the name in Cyrillic, not trying to pronounce it.
Smile

Of course, I know! Smile

3 2,561
 10-14-2012, 02:59 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
This cream like several others from Bulgaria does contain menthol, however the amount is so insignificant that it doesn't give even a menthol scent, never mind a cooling effect. I find the Mystic cream is the same way. These creams still perform very well, cooling effect or no cooling effect.

3 2,561