01-18-2020, 03:11 PM
User Info
I am starting to get low on Acqua di Genova 1853 splash aftershave and can't find any offered retail.  What would you suggest as your idea of the best similar Colonia type aftershave or balm? 

(Asylum Colonia, Lavanda Aqua de Colonia, Alvarez Gomez Emulsion Agua de Colonia, Chatillon Lux Colonia Balsamica, CRSW Colonia Mediterraneo, RazoRock XXX, Fine Italian Citrus, Cella Lotion Splash, TFS Vecchia Torino Acqu di Colonia, Vitos Colonia, Stirling Piacenza, T&S Sicily, etc.)  I need to note that my skin does not tolerate any Acqua di Parma splashes or balms.

Thanks for any thoughts.

250 14,683
 01-18-2020, 04:09 PM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
(01-18-2020, 03:11 PM)churchilllafemme Wrote: I am starting to get low on Acqua di Genova 1853 splash aftershave and can't find any offered retail.  What would you suggest as your idea of the best similar Colonia type aftershave or balm? 

(Asylum Colonia, Lavanda Aqua de Colonia, Alvarez Gomez Emulsion Agua de Colonia, Chatillon Lux Colonia Balsamica, CRSW Colonia Mediterraneo, RazoRock XXX, Fine Italian Citrus, Cella Lotion Splash, TFS Vecchia Torino Acqu di Colonia, Vitos Colonia, Stirling Piacenza, T&S Sicily, etc.)  I need to note that my skin does not tolerate any Acqua di Parma splashes or balms.

Thanks for any thoughts.

I love the scent of the Asylum/SV Colonia soap, but I am not a fan of SV aftershaves. They feel more like balms to me. If that is your thing go for that one. The only other one I've used is Piacenza and I like it.

19 1,065
 01-22-2020, 10:05 PM
  • Nero
User Info
(01-18-2020, 03:11 PM)churchilllafemme Wrote: I am starting to get low on Acqua di Genova 1853 splash aftershave and can't find any offered retail.  What would you suggest as your idea of the best similar Colonia type aftershave or balm? 

Thanks for any thoughts.

Sorry to hear about the issue with AdP. (I actually have the Colonia and Essenza on the way, both in aftershaves).

I have RR XXX and like it best of those I've used.

I have used the PAA Aqua D in soap and the Fine in soap and AS...I prefer the scent of the RR XXX.

I also used Alvarez Gomez agua de colonia, but it lasts about 2 seconds on me, which defeats the purpose.

BTW, TFS Vecchia Torino is not the same style scent...It comes across as a darker type scent with amber.

98 4,163