02-01-2020, 03:19 AM
User Info
I ran across the Global Shave Club site a few months ago. I liked some of their stuff, from the pictures, anyway. I ordered a Black Tiger razor and some shave oil. The shipping was very expensive compared to other places. I got an email a week later saying that my order would come in 2 shipments. about 10 days later, my Black Tiger arrived. It was broken, with the head snapped off and the threaded shaft broke off inside the handle...unrepairable and useless. I never received the shave oil. 

I sent 6 messages through their message system with no response. Finally, through a link on a YouTube video, I was able to text one of the Higher Ups in the company. He said he would take care of it. 3 weeks later, I received a Replitech JFK razor, which was pretty, but not what I ordered. And I still never received the shave oil. The JFK is a cheap copy of a 1960s Gillette Tech. I have 2 real 1956 Gillette Techs, so I had no need for a copy. I texted the person again, and he acted like I did something wrong, and, "What can I do to make you happy". " We've sold hundreds of these with no complaints".  Dumb question. Just send me what I paid for. All the others probably;y ordered the JFKs.  I didn't. He said he would send me a replacement Black Tiger and the oil. I offered to send the JFK back, but he said to keep it. It was a mistake.  It has now been over 2 months, and no Black Tiger or oil. I guess I am out the $30.00 I paid, and I am stuck with a razor I did not ask for. 

Anyone else have any trouble with these people? Or did they just single me out for some reason. I absolutely do not recommend buying anything from this company. Do it at your own risk. 

0 3
 02-01-2020, 04:25 AM
User Info
If you paid with PayPal, make a claim and you can get a refund. You have 180 days from your purchase to make the claim.

60 10,039
 02-01-2020, 04:33 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Sorry to hear of your difficult situation. I was thinking along the same lines as Ricardo, make a claim through PayPal. Luckily, $30 isn’t going to break the bank re: lessons learned. As a guitarist and as a shaver, I’ve made it my practice to do tons of research (product and vendor) before buying anything, especially from a new/unknown source.

Good luck, Gigmaster. I hope things work out to your satisfaction.

And welcome to TSN!

15 4,045
 02-01-2020, 05:14 AM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
In the words of a famous American (Groucho Marx):

"I would never be a member of any club that would have me".

0 418
 02-01-2020, 08:05 AM
User Info
(02-01-2020, 04:25 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: If you paid with PayPal, make a claim and you can get a refund. You have 180 days from your purchase to make the claim.

There was no option to pay with PayPal. That probably should have tipped me off.

0 3
 02-01-2020, 09:13 AM
User Info
(02-01-2020, 08:05 AM)Gigmaster Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 04:25 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: If you paid with PayPal, make a claim and you can get a refund. You have 180 days from your purchase to make the claim.

There was no option to pay with PayPal. That probably should have tipped me off.

In that case, file a claim with the credit/debit card you used.  They can do a chargeback against the vendor.

60 10,039
 02-01-2020, 12:06 PM
User Info
(02-01-2020, 09:13 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 08:05 AM)Gigmaster Wrote:

In that case, file a claim with the credit/debit card you used.  They can do a chargeback against the vendor.

I tried that with Mastercard, and they said they can only do it if the seller agrees, which is unlikely. I've already wasted more time on it than it is worth. I'll just consider it a lesson learned. 

BTW, if anyone is interested, the Replitech is pretty, but it shaves like a very cheap Chinese razor, even with Derby and Feather Blades in it. The Feather and Lord's razors are much better, and less expensive. And the original Gillette Tech is vastly superior.

0 3
 02-07-2020, 06:28 AM
User Info
I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but thanks for passing it along to the community.  This is the true meaning of "taking one for the team".

0 70