02-06-2020, 08:40 PM
User Info
Hi,
    If I wanted to create my own custom and personalized men's fragrances like aftershaves and colognes at home in a home-brew, do-it-yourself manner, how would I go about doing it? Would it be possible to use essential oils? If so, what else would I mix with them? Any help is appreciated.
Thank you

0 124
 02-06-2020, 09:23 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
My wife doesn't like it when I create my own fragrance.  Tongue

39 6,294
 02-07-2020, 02:40 AM
User Info
A bit of googling indicates that it's not only doable, it shouldn't be too difficult - provided you don't mind spending quite a bit on ingredients, and pouring failed experiments down the drain, that is...

For what it's worth Krampert's Finest (still one of my favourite aftershaves) started out as a homemade after shave. ShadowsDad can probably give you some pointers to Dos and Don'ts if you ask nicely Smile

3 7,255
 02-07-2020, 01:42 PM
User Info
perfumers apprentice is a great place to start if you want to really get into perfume making.  If you want to start blending essential oils then Eden Botannicals would be the great place to source from.  

At a minimum you'd need a perfumer's scale, calibration weights, stacks of glass bottles, raw ingredients, perfumer's alcohol, other solvents, and lots of patience.  Scent blends are the hardest part of making a soap IMHO.

0 447