02-08-2020, 08:30 AM
User Info
I recently obtained two of these beautiful Raw Shaving stainless steel brush handles and had no idea that they are different. I thought both of the screw out ferrules for the brushes were identical and had a very shallow knot hole. That was the case on the first one and I ordered my usual chubby SHD knot from Oumo that I use for shallow mounting knot holes. When I went to mount it the other day, I pulled both handles out and unscrewed the ferrule from each one to decide which one I was going to use. Well, low and behold, the second one that I obtained has a deeper ferrule with threading deeper in the handle. For me, that is awesome because now I can send that one off to Srdjan in Australia to put in one of his hand tied knots. Anyone else out there have any of these and notice this?[Image: b054d160f33363c5b3cd6c09dd302d90.jpg][Image: 666c91c876a27536c7b42086fee674b1.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 1,497
 02-08-2020, 10:12 AM
User Info
Interesting... and even more interesting with the side by side pictures. I can see the point of designing two variations - shallow and deep knot hole - but the execution isn't how I would have designed it.

Thanks for sharing Smile

3 6,849
 02-08-2020, 11:58 AM
  • motto
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
User Info
Beautyful handles.

I was interested to purchase a RS-26 brush or handle only but Avi was not willing to let me buy one at the time.

11 547
 02-08-2020, 12:23 PM
User Info
(02-08-2020, 11:58 AM)motto Wrote: Beautyful handles.

I was interested to purchase a RS-26 brush or handle only but Avi was not willing to let me buy one at the time.

I also tried to purchase one directly from him but I had to have mine with no knot and an extra ferrule and at the time he kept saying it was coming but it never did and then he closed the company. Fortunately, I recently found someone on the forums that is good friends with him and has a huge collection of Raw Shaving stuff and I was able to purchase the first one at an extremely low price (I was shocked but did not show my shock until after I paid and acquired it), then the second one he had, I traded with him for it and that is how I ended up getting 2 of these beauties. The first one had a red synthetic knot that I immediately steamed out and removed and the second one had no knot.

5 1,497
 02-08-2020, 12:28 PM
  • motto
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
User Info
(02-08-2020, 12:23 PM)gmhjr06 Wrote:
(02-08-2020, 11:58 AM)motto Wrote: Beautyful handles.

I also tried to purchase one directly from him but I had to have mine with no knot and an extra ferrule and at the time he kept saying it was coming but it never did and then he closed the company. Fortunately, I recently found someone on the forums that is good friends with him and has a huge collection of Raw Shaving stuff and I was able to purchase the first one at an extremely low price (I was shocked but did not show my shock until after I paid and acquired it), then the second one he had, I traded with him for it and that is how I ended up getting 2 of these beauties. The first one had a red synthetic knot that I immediately steamed out and removed and the second one had no knot.

Very interesting.
This handle is still tempting me - I would love to get my hands on one of these ...

11 547
 02-15-2020, 05:39 AM
User Info
Those brushes look awesome! Great scores! Congrats on those!

Vr

Matt

35 2,203
 02-15-2020, 07:34 AM
User Info
(02-15-2020, 05:39 AM)Ols67 Wrote: Those brushes look awesome! Great scores! Congrats on those!

Vr

Matt

Thanks!!

5 1,497