07-18-2020, 06:58 PM
  • Nero
User Info
(07-18-2020, 06:37 PM)TommyCarioca Wrote:
(06-07-2020, 11:57 PM)Rohleder Wrote: Floris soaps have been recently reformulated and are now as good as anything I've used. Very strong scents and luxury performance, you can tell them apart by the INCI, the latest version contains shea butter  Wink

As for Fine, I agree, wonderful products... Just a pity about the price hike last year. Currently enjoying the "Snakebite" soap and splash and have a Platinum puck in my cart.

[Image: yJPO3hw.jpg]
Nice avatar btw.

Where can one buy the newly formulated soaps from Floris?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Tommy, I got the new formula in both Elite and No.89 scents directly from Floris. They lather SSSUPER easy.

good lather has no suds

98 4,076
 07-19-2020, 12:49 AM
User Info
(06-07-2020, 11:57 PM)Rohleder Wrote: Floris soaps have been recently reformulated and are now as good as anything I've used. Very strong scents and luxury performance, you can tell them apart by the INCI, the latest version contains shea butter  Wink

As for Fine, I agree, wonderful products... Just a pity about the price hike last year. Currently enjoying the "Snakebite" soap and splash and have a Platinum puck in my cart.

Nice avatar btw.

Thanks haha. I'm stuck with it now, I use it for all the different forums... Tried to change it once and received a barrage of complaints  Biggrin

I received the latest formulation from Amazon (UK.) If you purchase direct from Floris I would send a message along with your order asking for the latest version, I saw a chap on a UK forum received a previous formulation from them earlier this week so they may be clearing out old stock first, or it may be completely random what you receive.

4 327
 07-19-2020, 05:34 AM
User Info
(07-19-2020, 12:49 AM)Rohleder Wrote:

Nice avatar btw.

Thanks haha. I'm stuck with it now, I use it for all the different forums... Tried to change it once and received a barrage of complaints  Biggrin

I received the latest formulation from Amazon (UK.) If you purchase direct from Floris I would send a message along with your order asking for the latest version, I saw a chap on a UK forum received a previous formulation from them earlier this week so they may be clearing out old stock first, or it may be completely random what you receive.
Thanks! They aren't advertising their new pucks very well! I am in - love 89 and tallow pucks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

0 437
 07-19-2020, 08:23 AM
  • Nero
User Info
Tommy, they are not tallow, but the lather is quite thick. It's a very concentrated soap. The scents are great!!

good lather has no suds

98 4,076
 07-19-2020, 09:31 AM
User Info
Thanks Nero. After I posted i actually read the ingredients you posted. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

0 437
 07-28-2020, 04:11 PM
User Info
(02-21-2020, 06:45 AM)Nero Wrote: Maybe it's because they're a hard soap, but not sure why these don't get more fanfare.

They have a really good variety of scents... copies of well-loved, time-tested colognes:
Acqua di Parma
Creed Aventus
Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte
AoS Sandalwood
YSL Rive Gauche
Czech & Speake's Oxford & Cambridge
Guerlain Vetiver
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

That's a pretty all-star lineup, I'd say.

They lather like crazy, and give great shaves.

Anyone try these out?

I have the American Blend cream, balm, and splash. They are all excellent products and the cream creates a great lather. I also have the Aquamarine and L'Orange Noir splashes. I really like the L'Orange Noir. It's a nice warm orange scent (don't think sharp, bright, citrus). It is more of a warmer, spicer orange scent, yet not overpowering.
[Image: FU9Nea4.jpg]

0 38
 07-31-2020, 01:27 PM
User Info
(07-19-2020, 12:49 AM)Rohleder Wrote: I received the latest formulation from Amazon (UK.) If you purchase direct from Floris I would send a message along with your order asking for the latest version, I saw a chap on a UK forum received a previous formulation from them earlier this week so they may be clearing out old stock first, or it may be completely random what you receive.

Per Floris Jermyn St, the version their store sells is the Potassium Palmate (vs Potassium Stearate). 

How do we know for sure which version (PP vs PS) is the very latest? Perhaps the PS is the predecessor?

0 666
 08-01-2020, 08:26 AM
User Info
(07-31-2020, 01:27 PM)ask4Edge Wrote:
(07-19-2020, 12:49 AM)Rohleder Wrote: I received the latest formulation from Amazon (UK.) If you purchase direct from Floris I would send a message along with your order asking for the latest version, I saw a chap on a UK forum received a previous formulation from them earlier this week so they may be clearing out old stock first, or it may be completely random what you receive.

Per Floris Jermyn St, the version their store sells is the Potassium Palmate (vs Potassium Stearate). 

How do we know for sure which version (PP vs PS) is the very latest? Perhaps the PS is the predecessor?

It's certainly possible yes, was purely an assumption on my part (always dangerous!)

4 327
 08-01-2020, 11:59 AM
User Info
Ultimately time will tell. [Image: smile.gif]

0 666
 08-01-2020, 02:45 PM
  • Nero
User Info
Re: Floris
The current version (lather) is Potassium Palmate.
Previous version (suds) was Sodium Palmate.
I just started a thread for Floris so we can get back on track here.

good lather has no suds

98 4,076
 08-02-2020, 12:23 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(08-01-2020, 02:45 PM)Nero Wrote: Re: Floris

good lather has no suds

For some reason I can't find your Floris thread Nero. Would you give me a little help? Point me in the right direction or a link maybe?

8 2,814
 08-02-2020, 12:37 AM
User Info
(08-02-2020, 12:23 AM)Mouser Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 02:45 PM)Nero Wrote: Re: Floris

good lather has no suds

For some reason I can't find your Floris thread Nero. Would you give me a little help? Point me in the right direction or a link maybe?

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=61426

36 2,123
 08-02-2020, 06:43 AM
  • Nero
User Info
Thanks Mike...
Yeah it was apparently moved to the Stickies (where the Lather Shots threads are...) at the top of the Soaps & Creams forum.

good lather has no suds

98 4,076