09-26-2012, 10:10 AM
User Info
Final update - Vulfix has gone off to eBay. Thanks for looking. Moderators, please archive.

PRICE DROPS:

VULFIX NOW $125 (was $140)

Hi everyone -

As promised, here are the brushes. In case you haven't read "part I", I've accumulated too much stuff and I need to sell off some very nice (in my opinion) items to save money, but most likely will end up buying more stuff! These prices include USPS First Class shipping with Delivery Confirmation (CONUS - for international, I will ship at cost).

(1) Rooney (unbranded) Finest 1/3. Knot: 26mm; loft: 62. Honestly, I really don't know what to do with this brush. I actually received it in a trade for a Thater and an M&F brush, when what I really wanted to do was sell the Thater and M&F. I've used it a handful of times, but this really should be in the hands of someone who truly appreciates a Finest.

These are not made anymore. The only issue is the fact that it is "unbranded." But if you do even a cursory check, you will see its lineage. I received it from a B&B member "AgBill" who bought it from our own Ben74, who certainly has an incredible Finest collection.

I used it a handful of times, but, quiet honestly, I only use my TSN Semogue LE these days and this brush is too exquisite, I feel, to leave sitting in the cabinet. Ben74 originally sold this for around $250. Recent Finest sales have been for higher. Considering the fact it is unbranded, I am posting this for $225. SOLD! Thanks churchilllafemme and TSN!

(2) Vulfix 41S Silvertip. Knot: 27mm; loft: 57mm. This brush makes a great alternative to a Chubby or Stubby or similar squat, wide brush. And the silvertip designation actually does make a difference.

If you like big brushes for bowl-lathering with a fan knot, this definitely fits the bill. I bought it for $157 at Superior Shave a few months ago. I've only used it a handful of times because I prefer face-lathering. So I figure that $140 would be a good price. Still have the box.

(3) Simpson's Major in Best. This appears to be from the Somerset-era, as the writing is in lamp-black. This is probably the best, most inventive travel brush out there. Its designed to either use the brush by itself or screwed into the "case." And the bottom of the case is open so it will dry on its own.

The sticker is a little scratched and there is a scuff mark on the "case." This is in the same condition as I received it. I bought it on B&B for $80. I just don't travel enough to make regular use of it. I don't have the box (didn't come with it), so I figure that $70 would be a good price for it. SOLD! Thanks diggity and TSN!
[attachment=6546]

(4) Simpson's Case in Best. Once again, a very nice travel brush, although this one could also be used very easily as an "everday" brush. This one comes with the travel tube and the original box.

I bought this new for $60; as I stated above, I don't travel enough to keep it. Only used a handful of times, I figure $50 would be a good price. SOLD! Thanks mcgils and TSN!

(5) Vintage Butterscotch Klenzo with TGN Finest knot. Approximate knot size: 23mm; loft: 48mm. This was a restore job by Bob Farvour, and its a great brush.

The butterscotch is beautiful and very deep. The TGN finest knot does everything you want it to do. I am going to miss this one if it sells. I bought it for $45, so I am going to sell this one for $40. SOLD! Thanks MaxP and TSN!

As I wrote in the other post, feel free to PM me with questions or comments. Also, if you feel that my prices are out of line, feel free to publicly comment in this post.

Thanks,
Josh

72 1,407
 09-26-2012, 10:22 AM
User Info
All fine brushes, and that's a great price for that vintage Major. If I didn't already have one, I'd certainly go for it.

185 12,010
 09-26-2012, 10:24 AM
User Info
Quick update - Finest is sold! Thanks churchilllafemme!

72 1,407
 09-26-2012, 11:11 AM
  • diggity
  • Los Gatos, CA
User Info
PM sent on the Major

18 281
 09-26-2012, 11:33 AM
User Info
Major is sold! Thanks diggity!

72 1,407
 09-27-2012, 08:46 AM
User Info
Quick update: Klenzo just sold; Vulfix and Case are still available.

72 1,407
 10-02-2012, 05:22 AM
User Info
Price drops: Vulfix now $125 (was $140); Case now $35 (was $50)

72 1,407
 10-02-2012, 07:33 AM
User Info
Another quick update - Case sold! (Thanks mcgils). All that is remaining is the Vulfix.

72 1,407
 10-16-2012, 11:42 AM
User Info
Bump, before the Vulfix goes to eBay.

72 1,407
 10-18-2012, 05:49 AM
User Info
Final update - Vulfix has gone off to eBay. Thank you for looking. Moderators, please archive.

72 1,407