03-04-2020, 09:39 AM
User Info
Being the new guy around here...I’ve never seen this TNNSER3D V3 Tannhäuser 2.3 Clear Resin razor before.  
I did find the software to make one on a 3D printer...I have no experience with single edge razors, nor do I own a 3D printer...but I’m certainly curious!
Where in the heck does one find one of these?  
The razor must weigh almost nothing, and I’d wonder about the blade being held firmly.  
How does it shave?

4 223
 03-04-2020, 05:34 PM
  • ischiapp
  • Forio d'Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
That's a stage name, which I gave it.
The real name is Tom's No Name Single Edge Razor (TNNSER).
The 3D printed version is the second.
Of this there are three variants:
2.1 PLA
2.2 ASA
2.3 Resin

The project was born on the TOST2 forum, specialized in SEs.
In this there was a buying group in which various members participated, including me.
This version, like the 2.2 Green ASA (link) that I have had, is ultralight.
This 2.3 has a superior material and technology, so much so as to seem milled from solid.
So it is extremely dense and more resistant.
Shapes and dimensions are calculated to perfection, and the blade holding mechanism slides easily but holds more than well.

Shaving is deep but comfortable.
This is the first ultralight razor that I have to be so effective.
Use the old Gem blades, which aren't exactly exciting.
But in this they work very well.
The cutting angle naturally imposed is slightly different from the other Gem-styles I have used.
But with a little practice it has quickly become easy and intuitive to reach the usual BBS.

0 2,315
 03-04-2020, 05:50 PM
User Info
(03-04-2020, 05:34 PM)ischiapp Wrote: That's a stage name, which I gave it.
The real name is Tom's No Name Single Edge Razor (TNNSER).
The 3D printed version is the second.
Of this there are three variants:
2.1 PLA
2.2 ASA
2.3 Resin

The project was born on the TOST2 forum, specialized in SEs.
In this there was a buying group in which various members participated, including me.
This version, like the 2.2 Green ASA (link) that I have had, is ultralight.
This 2.3 has a superior material and technology, so much so as to seem milled from solid.
So it is extremely dense and more resistant.
Shapes and dimensions are calculated to perfection, and the blade holding mechanism slides easily but holds more than well.

Shaving is deep but comfortable.
This is the first ultralight razor that I have to be so effective.
Use the old Gem blades, which aren't exactly exciting.
But in this they work very well.
The cutting angle naturally imposed is slightly different from the other Gem-styles I have used.
But with a little practice it has quickly become easy and intuitive to reach the usual BBS.
Thanks You!
I think it’s a work of art, especially in that semi-clear resin.  I assume that the resin is harder than, say, soft plastic.
Assuming I can get my sisters friend, who has a printer, to make me one...is it legitimate/legal to do that?  How sophisticated does the 3D printer need to be?  Can I buy one?
Pete

4 223
 03-05-2020, 02:33 AM
  • ischiapp
User Info
The TNNSER file can be found in Thingiverse with a free license for non-commercial use.
So for simple personal use it is totally legitimate.

The first two versions use plastic filaments, therefore older and cheaper materials and technologies.
V3 is laser printed from a liquid resin, and machines for this technology are now becoming inexpensive for home use.
But anyway for the printing of a single piece, it is better to rely on a shop or an expert friend.
The costs and times are in this second case more advantageous.

0 2,315
 03-05-2020, 03:16 AM
  • ischiapp
User Info
(03-04-2020, 05:50 PM)PATRIOT Wrote: I assume that the resin is harder than, say, soft plastic.
More than the material, the difference is in the technology that works it.
Laser printing is much more precise, and creates thin layers with a strong bond.

This ultimately produces a more homogeneous product.
So a marked improvement in mechanical characteristics.
The layers, even inside the matrix, are practically invisible.

In the pictures (link) it seems that the razor has been worked from a single solid piece.
This also greatly improves the aesthetics, which I find very attractive.

[Image: b8qjHHt.jpg]

0 2,315
 05-07-2020, 02:15 AM
User Info
Hmm. Friends from another forum had tried to create a Tannhäuser  with the links you supplied. 
Unfortunately, it did not work.
Can you help, please?

0 498
 05-07-2020, 09:15 AM
User Info
(05-07-2020, 02:15 AM)apogee. Wrote: Hmm. Friends from another forum had tried to create a Tannhäuser  with the links you supplied. 
Unfortunately, it did not work.
Can you help, please?
I have a guy with a printer looking into making me one.  Haven’t started yet, but he suggests that printing with resin could take 7 hours.  If this isn’t going to work, I’d like to know also...

4 223
 05-11-2020, 10:28 AM
User Info
Never thought of 3D printing a razor, learn something new everyday. I would have thought a plastic handle and head would be too light for SE/DE applications. Interesting read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 48
 09-13-2020, 02:53 AM
  • ischiapp
User Info