03-05-2020, 03:05 AM
User Info
I’m a fan of Thayers and use it after each of my shaves.
It’s not readily available here in Europe so I have bought it on iHerb.

Unfortunately iHerb no longer sell Thayers WH.
Any of you know of an online retailer, preferably in Europe, that sell Thayers WH ?

Thanks in advance !

25 6,897
 03-05-2020, 04:25 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Hi, Claus. May I suggest, if you’re having difficulty finding Thayers a great option is Dickinson’s. To my face there is no discernible difference between the two brands. Another thing is that Dickinson’s is much less expensive.

19 4,548
 03-05-2020, 08:27 AM
User Info
If you believe, as I do that witch ever hazel you use...it’s the same...(except for maybe a fragrance), then does it really matter?
I found this stuff on the “huge online marketplace“, and it works great.  I like the aloe in it.
As always, YMMV.

[Image: c4XJzR6.jpg]

4 222
 03-05-2020, 10:30 AM
User Info
I use generic witch hazel from the drugstore, and find that it works for me as well as Thayers and Dickinson's.   However, I understand individual brand preferences, and hope you find a source.

60 10,551
 03-05-2020, 10:56 AM
User Info
(03-05-2020, 10:30 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I use generic witch hazel from the drugstore, and find that it works for me as well as Thayers and Dickinson's.   However, I understand individual brand preferences, and hope you find a source.
Had this same discussion about alum blocks. Some things, IMHO, are just commodities. Rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide...soy bean oil.

4 222
 03-05-2020, 11:00 AM
User Info
(03-05-2020, 10:30 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I use generic witch hazel from the drugstore, and find that it works for me as well as Thayers and Dickinson's.   However, I understand individual brand preferences, and hope you find a source.

I’m fairly new to using WH.

It really doesn’t matter if it’s Thayers.
I might check Dickinsons WH out.
Thanks for the tip.

25 6,897
 03-05-2020, 11:02 AM
User Info
(03-05-2020, 08:27 AM)PATRIOT Wrote: If you believe, as I do that witch ever hazel you use...it’s the same...(except for maybe a fragrance), then does it really matter?
I found this stuff on the “huge online marketplace“, and it works great.  I like the aloe in it.
As always, YMMV.

[Image: c4XJzR6.jpg]

I’ll give this a try.
Thanks for the tip !

25 6,897
 03-08-2020, 07:35 AM
  • David
  • Toronto
User Info
I'm an apostle of Witch Hazel—pure Witch Hazel.  The best Witch Hazel available.  I use it every single shave.  I even take a tiny bottle with me when I go away.

I get mine from Wild Crops in Salem Missouri.  You can read all about it on their website.  It's as good as Witch Hazel gets.

It's quite expensive to ship to Canada, but, for me, it's worth it.  Really worth it.  It is very unlike any commercially available WH that you pick up at the drug store.  It's a totally different experience.

1 672
 03-08-2020, 09:13 AM
User Info
(03-08-2020, 07:35 AM)David Wrote: I'm an apostle of Witch Hazel—pure Witch Hazel.  The best Witch Hazel available.  I use it every single shave.  I even take a tiny bottle with me when I go away.

I get mine from Wild Crops in Salem Missouri.  You can read all about it on their website.  It's as good as Witch Hazel gets.

It's quite expensive to ship to Canada, but, for me, it's worth it.  Really worth it.  It is very unlike any commercially available WH that you pick up at the drug store.  It's a totally different experience.

Thank You David.
Just ordered some lemon balm/witch hazel!!
Pete

4 222
 03-10-2020, 05:21 PM
  • David
  • Toronto
User Info
(03-08-2020, 09:13 AM)PATRIOT Wrote:
(03-08-2020, 07:35 AM)David Wrote: I'm an apostle of Witch Hazel—pure Witch Hazel.  The best Witch Hazel available.  I use it every single shave.  I even take a tiny bottle with me when I go away.

Thank You David.
Just ordered some lemon balm/witch hazel!!
Pete

It's one of my top two. The other is the natural one. I'll probably try another on my next order--maybe the spearmint.

1 672
 03-11-2020, 03:39 AM
  • DanLaw
  • Just an old slow fat man
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info
The natural witch hazels are a substantially different product from that available mass market

6 710
 03-13-2020, 05:25 AM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
right now I am using Thayers with camphor. no, it doesn't smell like moth balls but it is quite refreshing with a mild tingle.

0 482