09-26-2012, 02:02 PM
User Info
I went to Tony's Barbershop today for my first barber shave ever. Tony uses a Weck handle and Annie's Blades' version of the longPersonna single edge blades. I forgot my camera this morning, so went back this afternoon to get some photos. The guy getting a "straight razor" shave is not me.

Attached Files Image(s)

21 1,660
 09-26-2012, 02:15 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
So, how was the shave?

175 23,765
 09-26-2012, 02:35 PM
User Info
Well, I couldn't be fully honest with the guy, but I wish he had done one more pass. It's smooth feeling rubbing WTG, but scratchy going ATG. No nicks though. I think the blade could have been sharper. I will shave with one of the razors I bought from the owner in the morning and get a closer shave. Next time, I'll just ask him to do another pass.

Now, he was doing an artistic job on the guy in the chair giving precise lines to his beard.

He told me he was surprised I wasn't scarred from the straight. One of the barbers is a fireman as well and had tried straights and gave up. He had a bit of fear of them. I cleaned up his Frederick Reynolds and told him that if he had that one honed (I can't hone wedges.), he'd get a completely blood-free shave.

Hey, I just realized you live in Wausau. I lived in Milwaukee for a year and quarter. I think I know more about Wisconsin now than North Carolina, my forever home.

21 1,660
 09-26-2012, 08:24 PM
User Info
Thanks for sharing the photos!

82 21,057
 09-26-2012, 08:31 PM
User Info
Thanks for taking a look.

21 1,660