03-19-2020, 04:55 AM
  • David
  • Toronto
User Info
These are challenging times…

But, no matter what, keep shaving gentlemen. You may be working at home and want to wear your old sweater and jeans, but keep shaving. Start every day with a shave.

I use my most up-lifting scents. I still use a hot towel, still use Witch Hazel, and use my very best after shaves. I take my time, and make every shave terrific.

Although I'm not going outside much, I still use a moisturizer.

Make every shave a transcendent shave.

Keep shaving gentlemen.

1 672
 03-19-2020, 05:12 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
David speaks the truth!

19 4,563
 03-19-2020, 05:57 AM
  • Smudge
  • Hertfordshire UK
User Info
Absolutely!!

0 35
 03-20-2020, 08:16 AM
User Info
Im going to grow the beard. Im off for the next four weeks at least and I am going to train as hard as I can.  I'm growing the beard like Rocky in Russia!  
"I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!"

98 999
 03-20-2020, 08:48 AM
User Info
(03-20-2020, 08:16 AM)chromedometone Wrote: Im going to grow the beard. Im off for the next four weeks at least and I am going to train as hard as I can.  I'm growing the beard like Rocky in Russia!  
"I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!"

The training scenes for Rocky in Russia were amazing!

67 1,985
 03-20-2020, 09:47 AM
User Info
(03-20-2020, 08:48 AM)jackgoldman123 Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 08:16 AM)chromedometone Wrote: Im going to grow the beard. Im off for the next four weeks at least and I am going to train as hard as I can.  I'm growing the beard like Rocky in Russia!  

The training scenes for Rocky in Russia were amazing!

Yes they were!  
In all seriousness, I hope everyone stays safe and healthy.

98 999
 03-20-2020, 10:41 AM
User Info
Shaving is one of my important daily anchors, a time of peaceful, meditative quiet and focus that helps to keep my spirits positive.  During these times in which we seem to have little control over many things in our lives, shaving is one thing I can control every day.  I can decide when I want to do it, how fast or slowly I want to do it, what music (NOT news) I want to hear while I shave, and what equipment I use: brush, cream or soap, razor, blade, and aftershave.  And just having that little bit of free choice makes me feel better each day.

249 14,592
 03-20-2020, 11:07 AM
User Info
+1
(03-20-2020, 10:41 AM)churchilllafemme Wrote: Shaving is one of my important daily anchors, a time of peaceful, meditative quiet and focus that helps to keep my spirits positive.  During these times in which we seem to have little control over many things in our lives, shaving is one thing I can control every day.  I can decide when I want to do it, how fast or slowly I want to do it, what music (NOT news) I want to hear while I shave, and what equipment I use: brush, cream or soap, razor, blade, and aftershave.  And just having that little bit of free choice makes me feel better each day.

67 1,985
 03-20-2020, 11:18 AM
User Info
Life for me is about peace and enjoyment.  Shaving is part of that.  One of my joys is choosing which soap I want to use.  Sniffing and choosing the one that speaks to me.  I love the feeling of a fresh shave.  I love the way my face looks and feels. It's a zen activity for me.  I shower and shave at night, so I can really take my time.  I put on some jazz and lock out the world for a short time.  Shaving, for me, is about a lot more than just removing hair from my face.  I would shave even if I never had to leave the house again.  I'm sitting here now sniffing Haverford!

2 131
 03-20-2020, 11:50 AM
  • u2u
  • GTA
User Info
Shaving only every third or fourth day instead of daily. Being a little scruffy looking helps with maintaining social distance when out fulfilling essential tasks so I now shave after my errands instead of before. The world has been inverted. I am rotating through my collection of straights and honing as required to make sure they are all performing as well as I can make them. Putting more emphasis on enjoying fragrances to compensate.

0 708
 03-20-2020, 12:18 PM
User Info
I'm working out of my home office.  Many of my usual activities are no longer possible.   However, I'm maintaining my usual routine of running and shaving every morning.

60 10,560
 03-20-2020, 05:12 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(03-20-2020, 12:18 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I'm maintaining my usual routine of running and shaving every morning.

At the same time?

1 1,455
 03-20-2020, 05:42 PM
User Info
(03-20-2020, 05:12 PM)Mel S Meles Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 12:18 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I'm maintaining my usual routine of running and shaving every morning.

At the same time?

Biggrin

60 10,560
 03-20-2020, 10:16 PM
User Info
Exactly! Even though I'm currently fortunate enough to work from home, I make sure to get my shave in every morning. And without normal commute, I have extra time to really enjoy the shave. Hopefully, that extra time will enable me to work out the kinks in my routine. I usually get a DFS, but would like to get to the point of a BBS more often. I can dream!
And I've found myself more drawn to the "classic" aftershaves now. Brut, Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer, etc. Something about the reminder of my childhood - the way my dad and grandfather smelled - has a very soothing effect on me. It's one of the bright spots of my day.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

0 1
 03-21-2020, 04:36 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(03-20-2020, 10:16 PM)cmlael67 Wrote: Exactly! Even though I'm currently fortunate enough to work from home, I make sure to get my shave in every morning. And without normal commute, I have extra time to really enjoy the shave. Hopefully, that extra time will enable me to work out the kinks in my routine. I usually get a DFS, but would like to get to the point of a BBS more often. I can dream!
And I've found myself more drawn to the "classic" aftershaves now. Brut, Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer, etc. Something about the reminder of my childhood - the way my dad and grandfather smelled - has a very soothing effect on me. It's one of the bright spots of my day.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Hi and Welcome to TSN Smile

19 4,563
 03-21-2020, 06:58 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
I see absolutely no valid reason for me to change my daily routine because of what’s going on.  In fact, I can’t think of a more compelling reason not to change it.

9 1,168
 03-22-2020, 04:37 AM
  • naiyor
  • Ontario, Canada
User Info
I completely agree. Over the last week I have been lucky enough to start working from home. I haven't been shaving regularly like I used to, but I really need to get back into the routine. I was an important part of my morning. 

I am thinking MWF and a straight this morning.

0 442
 03-22-2020, 08:01 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
(03-20-2020, 10:41 AM)churchilllafemme Wrote: Shaving is one of my important daily anchors, a time of peaceful, meditative quiet and focus that helps to keep my spirits positive.  During these times in which we seem to have little control over many things in our lives, shaving is one thing I can control every day.  I can decide when I want to do it, how fast or slowly I want to do it, what music (NOT news) I want to hear while I shave, and what equipment I use: brush, cream or soap, razor, blade, and aftershave.  And just having that little bit of free choice makes me feel better each day.
As a young boy I was mesmerized watching my grandfather and father shave. They each shaved daily and were always impeccable in appearance. Except for a couple of brief stints of growing a beard, I've carried on this tradition. I've been married for 52 years and still like being well-groomed for my wife, even if I'm wearing clothes to work in the yard. But I also like routine, providing some amount of structure in my day. I've always enjoyed shaving, ever since watching my grandfather and father shave. I've wet shaved since 1962, and have never used a cart or an electric razor, even during two tours in Vietnam. Shaving is my private Zen moment, more so when using a straight as it requires more focus, and is a time when I can tune out whatever else is going on in the world. As I'm spending more time at home teleconferencing and checking the news, my morning routine seems even more important.

39 6,296
 03-22-2020, 08:38 AM
User Info
This wet shaving scene and “the calm leadership” came to my mindSmile

0 501
 03-26-2020, 06:58 AM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
I forgot all about that Python scene.  Good one.  I'm new to traditional wet shaving.  Used a cartridge razor for decades till a month ago.  Have a new and a vintage DE razor, just one soap puck and brush for now.  Have an antique straight razor that I plan to learn how to use.   My point is, I've been sharing all of my wet shave adventure on my FB page.  Pics, funny stories, vintage ad posters that I've pulled from the net, with the idea of tossing in a non Wuhan Flu related thing as a diversion.  

And I think that's part of what attracts us to the world of traditional wet shaving.  It's a time set aside to have a purpose that has nothing to do with the outside goings on.  A set point, if you will.  Like a daily devotional.  Anyways...

Have a good day all.

0 233