03-19-2020, 06:04 AM
User Info
I see that there are a couple of Russian vendors selling titanium handles on the auction site.  I ordered a handle and stand for my ATT head from the Russian drunk bear guy.  The Tibam handles seem very nice too.  (I just thought adding a stand for $20 or so was a good idea.)  I suspect that the Ti used isn’t the same quality as, say the Timeless handles.  I hope the machining is at least usable.  We shall see how long it takes to get here.
Anyone have experience with these Russky handles?  They sure are pretty in the pictures...
-Pete

[Image: 0QwgWYa.jpg]

4 225
 03-19-2020, 06:11 AM
User Info
HAD enabled

67 1,983
 03-19-2020, 07:24 AM
User Info
(03-19-2020, 06:11 AM)jackgoldman123 Wrote: HAD enabled
Sorry, my friend.  I know that I don’t need any enablers...

4 225
 03-19-2020, 09:14 AM
User Info
I have a couple of Stork handles, one SS and one Ti, and they are both excellent in design, fit, and finish.

0 72
 03-19-2020, 10:30 AM
  • ischiapp
  • Forio d'Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
(03-19-2020, 06:04 AM)PATRIOT Wrote: I see that there are a couple of Russian vendors selling titanium handles on the auction site.
Over Stork and Tibam, I've found just one: Rusdrunkbear.
Nice prices ... if you want to buy handle with holder.
Some shapes are very interesting!!
Look at Bilateral.  Wink
[Image: XW2exhi.jpg]

0 2,316
 03-19-2020, 06:16 PM
User Info
I have a few Stork Titanium handles and they are simply superbly crafted and beautiful. 

[Image: ecxba1.jpg]

92 21,341
 03-21-2020, 02:47 AM
User Info
(03-19-2020, 06:16 PM)celestino Wrote: I have a few Stork Titanium handles and they are simply superbly crafted and beautiful. 

[Image: ecxba1.jpg]

In your opinion which handle is better Stork Titanium or UFO Titan Fine?

0 62
 03-21-2020, 08:48 AM
User Info
(03-21-2020, 02:47 AM)Viking333 Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 06:16 PM)celestino Wrote: I have a few Stork Titanium handles and they are simply superbly crafted and beautiful. 

In your opinion which handle is better Stork Titanium or UFO Titan Fine?

That is impossible to say as they are both beautifully made.
However, Stork does offer more variety in patterns and designs and they may be easier to source. 
Good luck.

92 21,341
 03-22-2020, 01:54 PM
User Info
I got this Tibam Ti handle for my polished Timeless Ti razor - very happy with it, especially at this price point!

[Image: uYanwvb.jpg]
[Image: 9IG8jLL.jpg]

29 258
 04-08-2020, 02:09 PM
  • ischiapp
  • Forio d'Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
Some nice info about Titanium.

TiTek UK Wrote:Did you know that titanium is one of the strongest metals on the periodic table? It offers resistance to heat, water and salt and is very lightweight.
One of the main reasons titanium is the preferred choice for so many different industries is that it combines high strength with low density – making it easier to work with.
The difference between pure titanium and alloys is that an alloy is made up of titanium and other metals.
The reason why titanium is mixed with other elements is to provide additional strength, flexibility and malleability.
Titanium suppliers can provide commercially pure titanium and titanium alloys but knowing exactly what you require can be difficult.
To help, we’ve pulled together a quick guide.

Commercially pure titanium

Grade 1 Titanium is one of the softest, most ductile grades. It offers high impact strength and is available in the titanium plate.
It possess great formability and corrosion resistance which makes it ideal for a wide range of applications, including the following:
• Architecture
• Automotive
• Chemical processing
• Desalination
• Marine
• Medical

Grade 2 Titanium is widely used and readily available – offering suitability for many different industries.
When compared to a grade 1 titanium plate, a grade 2 titanium bar or plate is stronger but offers a similar level of corrosion.
The weldability, ductility and formability of titanium bars makes them dependable for applications such as:
• Architecture
• Chemical processing
• Chlorate manufacturing
• Medical
• Power generation

Grade 3 Titanium is not as common as grade 1 or 2 and is less formable – great for applications of moderate strength.
Grade 3 titanium rods are used for:
• Aerospace
• Chemical processing
• Marine
• Medical

Grade 4 Titanium is the strongest form of pure Titanium.
Renowned for corrosion resistance, weldability and formability, titanium rods have become niche in the medical industry, as well as other high-strength applications.
A grade 4 rod is used for:
• Airframe components
• Cryogenic vessels
• Heat exchangers
• Surgical hardware

Titanium alloys

Grade 5 Titanium, like grade 2 titanium bars, is said to be the “workhorse” alloy.
It is the most commonly used grade – providing high-strength and light weight.
Titanium in this grade is for industries to produce technical equipment such as:
• Aerospace fasteners
• Aircraft turbines
• High performance parts
• Sports equipment

Grade 7 Titanium has some of the properties similar to those of grade 2 titanium.
It is mainly used for chemical processing and is found in the components of production equipment.

Grade 11 Titanium, whether it be a titanium exhaust or sheet, have properties comparable to those of grade 1 titanium.
Industries choose this to benefit from resistance against  corrosion and erosion – providing a metal that is long-lasting.
It is used for similar applications as grade 1 titanium but can also reduce acid in chloride environments.

Grade 12 Titanium has the best quality welding, and it is one of the most durable alloys.
Offering high-strength at high temperature, this is great for:
• Aircraft components
• Elevated temperatures
• Marine
• Shell and heat exchangers

0 2,316
 04-08-2020, 03:48 PM
  • MaxP
  • Des Moines, Iowa
User Info
IIRC this is a Tbam titanium.  And its quite nice.  I recall the maker accommodated my request for the length.  I would buy again without hesitation.

[Image: 1pHqRnp.jpg]

66 1,949
 05-11-2020, 03:02 PM
User Info
I keep looking at those on the auction site. I’m just wondering how long shipping would take during the current health crisis. I love Titanium. How long did shipping take prior to the current health crisis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 48
 05-12-2020, 07:14 PM
User Info
(05-11-2020, 03:02 PM)bailman Wrote: I keep looking at those on the auction site. I’m just wondering how long shipping would take during the current health crisis. I love Titanium. How long did shipping take prior to the current health crisis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I asked for, and received a refund on the one I ordered from a popular auction site.  It was still in Russia after 60 days.  I can’t imagine when shipping will return to normal from Putin World...I’m disappointed, but in the end...it’s just a “First World Problem”, and I have beautiful razors with beautiful handles.

4 225