03-25-2020, 11:16 AM
User Info
anyone ever see one of these? How does the knot compare to the length of the nr 3 and 4?

46 429
 03-26-2020, 08:34 AM
User Info
I know knot the hair length differences of the non numbered vs the numbered Rubberset 400 brushes? But, I think they are all excessively floppy. I have gotten ahold of several of the non numbered, 3 & 4's in the past. I currently have a non numbered and #4 handle ready for a new knot to be installed. On the outside the handles all seem to look alike but the screw on ferules seemed to have differences in thickness at the opening, observed after I have cleaned the old knots out? Hope that helps. The original boar knots all seem to be very floppy paintbrush like to me? Not much fun in use IMHO and I have tried lathering them. At least the ones in decent original shape. My re-knots have all been synthetic or badger and the brushes lather nicely and look good afterwards. Nice to re-purpose something made so well so many years ago. I have kept one 400 brush with its original boar hair knot as it is in unused shape. For me it is just something to look at and admire as an original example of the 400 brushes.

0 62