04-14-2020, 10:32 AM
User Info
I'm confused about the scent differences among the various Acqua di Parma Colonia fragrances (original, Pura, Intensa, Essenza, Club, Assoluta).  All of them have citrus top notes and woody and/or musky bases, with their heart notes seeming to differ the most.  Those of you who have tried several of them, please try to elucidate for me the variations in their character.  

I'm really NOT interested in which is your favorite or in their varying projection, sillage, etc.; rather I'd like to hear what in the fragrance mix differentiates each from the others.
Thanks.

249 14,581
 04-15-2020, 07:39 AM
User Info
Assoluta is like a concentrated Colonia. Brings more florals and longevity.
Intensa brings the woods and a masculine rose note.
Essenza brightens things up with amped up citrus (orange/neroli) and a clean-feeling laundry note.
Club is a medicinal tonic with a mint note.
Pura is a modern unisex style citrus/ozonic in the mould of CKOne etc.

They're all flankers but only Assoluta has the feeling of the original IMO, the others are significantly different.

4 354
 04-15-2020, 08:12 AM
User Info
Thank you!  Other impressions would be welcome too.

249 14,581
 04-16-2020, 07:30 AM
User Info
I had tried Club and not liked it that much, sorry, not much more that I can remember.

Colonia is the very classic with florals, orange and citrus. Unisex, oldfashioned, lovely. Not me.

Pura is a modernized version with some florals, jasmine, iris, but, as mentioned above, citrusy, ozonic. Some may call it boring.
Unobtrusive, good for office and everywhere. Nothing spectacular, but laid back. Airy, fresh, elegant. I like it. 

[Image: uPawY5f.jpg]

0 499
 04-16-2020, 07:34 AM
User Info
[Image: A5E8oAb.jpg]Colonia intensa is definitely not unisex.
I really like this classic and elegant Italian edp. There is citrus. citrus peel, wood, spices, leather. More masculine than original Colonia, but still elegant. Perfect for winter, summer and all occasions. For some reason it’s always Colonia intensa to accompany me when traveling ItalySmile

0 499
 04-16-2020, 12:47 PM
User Info
But you have to try each edp on your skin.
They will, as any other edp, smell differently on different persons.

[Image: aymudW3.jpg]

0 499
 04-19-2020, 07:44 AM
  • Nero
User Info
These ones I have tried:
Intensa- spicy
Assoluta- floral
Essenza- citrusy with anise (my favorite)
Club- smells like Cool Water/Aspen

98 4,141