04-18-2020, 08:24 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Co-Owner, Brad Sears ShaveWorks
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
The Rooney/Morris & Forndran Finest and Heritage Badger shaving brushes of a decade and more ago are fondly remembered by many and highly prized by those who own them.  Unavailable for years...more

Morris & Forndran Heritage II shaving brushes will be available for ordering on Monday, April 20, beginning at 8:00AM ET/GMT-5.

Please Note:  the Initial Heritage II Offering is limited to the first 30 orders received.

[Image: cLw0bNp.jpg]

4 1,063
 04-18-2020, 08:34 AM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
Congrats on the new launch Brad!

36 1,084
 04-18-2020, 05:00 PM
User Info
Great news Brad!  That antique ivory has a beautiful pattern to it. Does the brush above have a hybrid knot or a bulb?

60 312
 04-18-2020, 05:41 PM
User Info
Look forward to it!

26 292
 04-19-2020, 10:46 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
(04-18-2020, 05:00 PM)petropn Wrote: Great news Brad!  That antique ivory has a beautiful pattern to it. Does the brush above have a hybrid knot or a bulb?

We appreciate your kind words -- and questions -- Gentlemen.  

As far as the knot profile goes, Lee tells me he gets best results tying the Heritage II hair the same way he ties hybrid knots with other hairs (which is where the "hybrid" comment originated).  Subsequent testing showed that, unlike other hairs, the Heritage II blooms out into something we probably should have called a wide (or generous?) Bulb -- probably due to the large number of hair fibers contained in these knots.  We obviously missed that detail in proofing the text; so I appreciate your raising the question.   I'll change that as soon as I finish this post.  Our intent was (is) to say that this batch of Heritage II hair, at least, will only be available in this shape.  That could change with subsequent batches.  But for now it is what it is.

Lee and I spent a fair amount of time burning up the satellite links working through this roll out; so please let me know if anyone has any other questions.

4 1,063
 04-21-2020, 06:28 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
By the way, The Morris & Forndran 'First Flight' Heritage II brushes are now available for custom order froThe Legacy Collection.

[Image: s9pI1My.jpg]

[Image: cl1E6Sj.jpg]

[Image: FuixBjJ.jpg]

4 1,063
 05-04-2020, 05:08 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
Showing off some of our Patrons' Creativity!  Here are a few Legacy Collection L7 handles now winging their way to Morris & Forndran. (L-R Ebony & Briarwood, Porcelain & Lapis Lazuli, Antique Ivory & Lapis (being shy!), and Coral & Amber.)  Each Legacy Collection handle represents several hours of meticulous hand-fitting, so our production is currently limited to about two handles per day.  So if you don't see yours, never fear:  its either been shipped or soon will be!  Haven't ordered yours yet?  Then check them out here and order yours today!

[Image: 9FHPufh.jpg]

Stay safe!

4 1,063
 05-06-2020, 10:18 PM
User Info
All good variations for the L7. Took a few seconds to recognize it, but I'd probably say the Porcelain/Lapis Lazuli is my favorite. Can't quite tell what the antique ivory is. My initial guess is ebony, but it seems there's a blue hue to it like the lapis as well.

33 1,006
 05-07-2020, 04:51 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
(05-06-2020, 10:18 PM)kooshman7 Wrote: All good variations for the L7. Took a few seconds to recognize it, but I'd probably say the Porcelain/Lapis Lazuli is my favorite. Can't quite tell what the antique ivory is. My initial guess is ebony, but it seems there's a blue hue to it like the lapis as well.

I appreciate your kind words, Joe.  And you're right:  the Antique Ivory handle has Lapis highlights.  (FWIW, I think Briarwood would make a good paring with the Antique Ivory as well.)  

Stay well!

4 1,063
 05-07-2020, 06:21 AM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
(05-07-2020, 04:51 AM)BSWoodturning Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 10:18 PM)kooshman7 Wrote: All good variations for the L7. Took a few seconds to recognize it, but I'd probably say the Porcelain/Lapis Lazuli is my favorite. Can't quite tell what the antique ivory is. My initial guess is ebony, but it seems there's a blue hue to it like the lapis as well.

I appreciate your kind words, Joe.  And you're right:  the Antique Ivory handle has Lapis highlights.  (FWIW, I think Briarwood would make a good paring with the Antique Ivory as well.)  

Stay well!

Or Ebony!  Wink

72 811
 05-09-2020, 09:30 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
(05-07-2020, 06:21 AM)ddk13 Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 04:51 AM)BSWoodturning Wrote:

Stay well!

Or Ebony!  Wink

Eyup!  That would work!   Smile

4 1,063
 06-03-2020, 02:35 PM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
I thought some of you might be interested in seeing what our multi-piece handles look like fresh off the lathe before final fitting, sanding, buffing, and polishing.  At this point, nothing's been glued together as we're doing a preliminary "dry fit" to see if everything lines-up properly.  From this, we can see that the Porcelain rings and the ferrule "fitment" to the central belt need to be refined, and the base ring needs to be cleaned-up, but otherwise things look ready for the next step.

This example is a custom Morris & Forndran 2XL handle that's scheduled to be filled with the new Heritage II hair.  What's interesting about this piece is not only the patron's choice of resins (Cream Alpolina and Porcelain) but that it's also been "stretched" 4mm from the normal 48mm height to 52mm -- one of the custom services we offer. 

So, if you're thinking about our brushes and want some special customization, just reach out through our contact form and we'll see what we can do.

[Image: h2xdX0W.jpg] 

4 1,063
 06-03-2020, 02:57 PM
  • Bony
  • New York , USA
User Info
Stunning craftsmanship Brad ! Thank you for sharing.

11 530