09-27-2012, 07:02 AM
User Info
I read a post that new Shavemac brushes don't say "Germany" on the handle anymore, and that they are probably now made elsewhere. I emailed Shavemac about this, and received a quick response confirming that their brushes are still made in Germany. This is the actual text from the Shavemac email:

Hello Ricardo Torres, Jr,

I know there are a lot of rumors outside about who makes brushes and when where.

We have changed our logo to make it more readable. Having Shavemac, Germany and a line of points on the front side of the handle it is too much. So we have split it into two parts.

The front side only says : shavemac
The back side says : Handmade - Germany

See the pictures attached this mail.

I like to say it explicit:

GUANRANTEE

SHAVEMAC NEVER HAD SOLD SHAVING BRUSHES WHICH ARE NOT MADE IN GERMANY.
ALSO WE DO NOT INDENT TO CHANGE THIS.

Best Regards. Bernd Blos

37 2,942
 09-27-2012, 07:07 AM
User Info
Bernd is one of the industry good guys and very honest.

Shavemac is a fantastic company and we have a very good relationship with them.

To even suggest that Shavemac have their brushes made elsewhere is frankly ludicrous.

Regards,

Mark

PS - Ricardo, this is not a downer or any slight on you by the way ... we know all too well how quickly internet rumours gather pace and more often than not reach the wrong conclusions. In this case I feel I really must speak up as a fellow manufacturer and defend their reputation even though Bernd has already responded.

1 630
 09-27-2012, 09:45 AM
User Info
(09-27-2012, 07:07 AM)Simpson1919 Wrote: Bernd is one of the industry good guys and very honest.

Shavemac is a fantastic company and we have a very good relationship with them.

To even suggest that Shavemac have their brushes made elsewhere is frankly ludicrous.

Regards,

Mark

PS - Ricardo, this is not a downer or any slight on you by the way ... we know all too well how quickly internet rumours gather pace and more often than not reach the wrong conclusions. In this case I feel I really must speak up as a fellow manufacturer and defend their reputation even though Bernd has already responded.

Mark:

Thanks for your reply. I was troubled by the post about Shavemac, particularly since incorrect statements can quickly spread through the Internet. I have now read two posts in different forums with incorrect statements about Shavemac. I'm glad Bernd responded so quickly and that you joined in.

Ricardo

37 2,942
 09-27-2012, 10:15 AM
User Info
I don't even understand how this confusion can come about. I bought my Shavemac last fall and it does indeed have the new logo. A simple lower case shavemac on the front. It also says Handmade - Germany on the back just as Bernd said. All I can think of is someone removed the (or had it worn off incredibly quickly) the "Handmade - Germany" part.

Whenever you are in doubt about a "fact" on the internet, please remember this piece of advice I found last year ....

95% of what you read on the Internet is completely made up and cannot be trusted. - Abe Lincoln

129 6,685
 09-27-2012, 10:18 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
BiggrinBiggrinBiggrin Great saying, I think it was Aristotel though who said it first! BiggrinBiggrinBiggrin

88 4,233
 09-27-2012, 10:35 AM
User Info
Bernd is a gent. I just got a new D01 from him. It's amazing in so many ways.

It's personal with my initials engraved on the base, looks awesome, has the perfect loft and not overly priced intact its very fair what the quality. I love Shavemac Smile

You can tell it's a German product if you know what I mean.

Yes Teiste, it's your fault. Lol

7 1,179
 09-27-2012, 10:45 AM
User Info
Thanks for the update.

75 20,883
 09-27-2012, 01:37 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
It's good to see one quality brush manufacture standing up for another quality brush manufacture.

173 23,500
 09-27-2012, 01:52 PM
User Info
Great post! I really liked to read it, and Mark's answer as well.

It's great when rumours like this one are busted. Cool

2 5,527
 09-28-2012, 08:46 AM
User Info
I have just received my latest addition from sHavemac: Thanks Bernd.

It is the D01 model 90 "very dense" with a beautiful stylish handle material, faux Tortoiseshell/white & clear acrylic,excellent grade of hair. The fit & finish is top notch.

Highly recommend.

Charles U.K

0 2,338
 09-28-2012, 12:47 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(09-28-2012, 08:46 AM)whatmorebrushs Wrote: I have just received my latest addition from sHavemac: Thanks Bernd.

It is the D01 model 90 "very dense" with a beautiful stylish handle material, faux Tortoiseshell/white & clear acrylic,excellent grade of hair. The fit & finish is top notch.

Highly recommend.

Charles U.K

Charles if you can, please share some pictures of your new brush.

173 23,500
 09-28-2012, 01:18 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I just want to say something and I don want to be misunderstood : I know friends that pay 1200 euros for Hugo Boss suits made in China.Also , 500 euros for Hugo Boss shoes made in China.I don't mind where the brushes are made , I simply request quality.
shavemac is an excellent brand , we all know that.I also "know" Bern from 2009 and maybe I know more things than other people do.
My question is also : why OP dont follow the etiquette here and the title is with capital letters? Doesn't he knows what capital letters means? I bet he does and I hope he wont repeat that

Charles : looking forward to read your impressions about that shavemac.

86 7,123
 09-28-2012, 07:07 PM
User Info
I thought Hugo Boss was made in Turkey? Dodgy

BiggrinBiggrin

Couldn't resist. Back on topic.

My D01 is fantastic. No idea when it was made though.

9 2,988
 09-28-2012, 07:35 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(09-28-2012, 07:07 PM)asharperrazor Wrote: I thought Hugo Boss was made in Turkey? Dodgy

BiggrinBiggrin

Couldn't resist. Back on topic.

My D01 is fantastic. No idea when it was made though.

Some of the suits are shirts are made in Turkey , others Made in China.Trust me , I know what Im talking about.Biggrin

Regarding shavemac ... great brushes.I pay for quality and shavemac have that quality.

86 7,123
 09-29-2012, 12:49 AM
User Info
(09-28-2012, 12:47 PM)Johnny Wrote:
(09-28-2012, 08:46 AM)whatmorebrushs Wrote: I have just received my latest addition from sHavemac: Thanks Bernd.

Highly recommend.

Charles U.K

Charles if you can, please share some pictures of your new brush.

I would love to share some photograph's with you all. My problem is I bought two new computers both Mac. And cannot get my Photo's to load, gave up.

But I will post my views on this brush / model, when I have used it a few times.

Charles U.K

(09-28-2012, 01:18 PM)Teiste Wrote: I just want to say something and I don want to be misunderstood : I know friends that pay 1200 euros for Hugo Boss suits made in China.Also , 500 euros for Hugo Boss shoes made in China.I don't mind where the brushes are made , I simply request quality.
shavemac is an excellent brand , we all know that.I also "know" Bern from 2009 and maybe I know more things than other people do.
My question is also : why OP dont follow the etiquette here and the title is with capital letters? Doesn't he knows what capital letters means? I bet he does and I hope he wont repeat that

Charles : looking forward to read your impressions about that shavemac.

Hello Teiste, as I said too Johnny I have just bought two new computers Mac's and tried loading photographs, gave up in the end.

However I will post a review after a few uses of the model 90.

Charles U.K

0 2,338
 09-29-2012, 04:05 AM
User Info
Charles,
Shoot me a PM if you like. All I use are Macs & I have no problem posting pictures. Are you using iPhoto yet?

31 7,912