09-27-2012, 10:39 AM
  • oscar11
  • North Dakota
User Info
Same question, does it smell like Cella? I think a stinky old boar brush with Cella ruined the Cella scent for me. If you guys have a recommendation please don't hesitate. I have used Harris Almond soap and find the scent very light, almost none, and would like to try something different. I don't really care for citrus, don't mind floral and prefer a scent that's earthy and a little spicy. Sandalwood is a good scent but most stuff is a little on the strong side for me. Maybe I'll just get Simpson unscented and self scent it with Lavender and Vetiver. I do like that combo. I do have a bottle of E.O.'s where I have the scent already mixed. I believe I read someplace that Simpson is going to have a have a Lavender & Vetiver scent in their new cream. If you have a suggestion for a cream let me know. I'll probably pick up a tube of sandalwood Proraso and....

12 743
 09-27-2012, 10:59 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
No...it does not smell like Cella to me at least.

45 16,278
 09-27-2012, 11:12 AM
User Info
If you're looking for the almond scent, you might try Lather's shave cream (here's the link). I stumbled across it in the Atlanta airport, of all places, and I've been very pleased with it. It comes in three 2 oz. tubes or a 4 oz tub.

0 98
 03-26-2013, 01:50 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
Hey There!

OLD POST....LOL

The DR Harris Cream smells like candy Marzipan but the Soap smells like Flowers, so don't let that sway you. If you are looking for a salty almond I'd go with Salters. To me it is less sweet than Harris. Trumpers also smells like flowers, so no Almond there at all. I wish that C&E still offered their Sweet Almond Oil as that to me was the best almond scented cream ever. Not sweet, but not dry either! TOBS is a nice scent, too for almond as they mix in some wood at the base so it smells distinctly different from any other brand, at least to me.

The most Earthy cream I have ever has was Salter's Vetiver...To me it smelled like fresh dirt with a hint of florals. I didn't care for it, but it made a such a great lather I used it all up. I got if from MaxP...

Good luck on your quest!

Semper Fi!

68 1,416
 03-26-2013, 03:14 PM
User Info
(03-26-2013, 01:50 PM)Crag Wrote: I wish that C&E still offered their Sweet Almond Oil as that to me was the best almond scented cream ever. Not sweet, but not dry either!

Yes, verily!!! My absolute favorite! And makes a good lather to boot.

3 543