05-11-2020, 08:42 PM
User Info
Polsiver SI are my #1 blade and I have enough to last me several years. However, I recently came across a local online seller on a local site who was selling 100 of them and I could not resist. I met up him, we chatted about Rockwell razors and gillette adjustables. He seemed like just another fellow wet shaver and the packaging looked authentic. So I bought the blades from him. When I opened a pack to shave the next day, I got the blades in the pictures. Based on all the polsiver si blades I have used, I am pretty sure these are not one of them. I open 4 packs and inspected blades in them and they are all of this kind. So, I got duped.  Facepalm

Word of caution here is that Polsilver SI blades now seem to be a target blade for scammers. Beware of buying any. I am done buying these blades, because I don't think any authentic sellers have these in stock anymore. 

Does anyone recognize these blades? Would like to know what these are, if anyone knows.

[Image: fn1Lt5D.jpg]

[Image: wexZywo.jpg]

[Image: loWVL4r.jpg]

0 160
 05-11-2020, 08:47 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Actually, there are polsilver blades as you have pictured that are legitimate polsilver blades. I need to dig up the explanation that I had received.

53 21,764
 05-12-2020, 04:39 PM
User Info
Thanks Phil. I will try these and get back on what I think of them and if they feel different from the ones I have.

0 160
 05-12-2020, 04:47 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(05-12-2020, 04:39 PM)meshave Wrote: Thanks Phil. I will try these and get back on what I think of them and if they feel different from the ones I have.

Yes, please do. I have a shipment on the way, supposedly. It’s from the same supplier as the Gillette platinums and I am confident they are the real deal.

53 21,764
 05-13-2020, 01:48 AM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
What's with the red ink scribbles on the tucks?  Did they come like that or did you mark them?
The packaging looks legit though, so the blades could have been swapped out and the tucks resealed.
The blades don't look like any PSI blades I have.

49 2,173
 05-13-2020, 08:01 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
The blade industry is a strange and mysterious industry and I have no idea why they do what they do. I have a number of these blades on the way and did my research prior to ordering. For years, I have gotten my Iridiums from a Polish Blade supplier.  I spoke with my supplier (who also supplies Platinums) and received assurances. But further, he contacted P&G Consumer Care Poland and they confirmed that they did indeed produce Polsilvers with only "Extra Stainless" printed on them.

The blades that I have on the way with just Extra Stainless printed on them were produced in November of 2016 -right at the end of production.

[Image: SW1D3Xm.jpg][Image: sTBcQni.jpg][Image: oXftaoN.png]

53 21,764
 05-13-2020, 09:08 PM
User Info
(05-13-2020, 01:48 AM)Mr_Smartepants Wrote: What's with the red ink scribbles on the tucks?  Did they come like that or did you mark them?
The packaging looks legit though, so the blades could have been swapped out and the tucks resealed.
The blades don't look like any PSI blades I have.

I scribbled the red lines on all packs so they wouldn't get mixed in with my original stash of PSI blades.

0 160
 05-13-2020, 09:11 PM
User Info
(05-13-2020, 08:01 AM)bullgoose Wrote: The blade industry is a strange and mysterious industry and I have no idea why they do what they do. I have a number of these blades on the way and did my research prior to ordering. For years, I have gotten my Iridiums from a Polish Blade supplier.  I spoke with my supplier (who also supplies Platinums) and received assurances. But further, he contacted P&G Consumer Care Poland and they confirmed that they did indeed produce Polsilvers with only "Extra Stainless" printed on them.

The blades that I have on the way with just Extra Stainless printed on them were produced in November of 2016 -right at the end of production.

[Image: SW1D3Xm.jpg][Image: sTBcQni.jpg][Image: oXftaoN.png]

For a moment, I thought another manufacturer was bringing them back into production.

0 160
 05-16-2020, 06:47 PM
User Info
(05-12-2020, 04:47 PM)bullgoose Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 04:39 PM)meshave Wrote: Thanks Phil. I will try these and get back on what I think of them and if they feel different from the ones I have.

Yes, please do. I have a shipment on the way, supposedly. It’s from the same supplier as the Gillette platinums and I am confident they are the real deal.

Compared here are the blades in the previous posts (called new PSI) and the ones in the picture below (called original PSI). Original PSI are my # 1 blade and I have used them for a long time.

I have now used these new PSI blades for several shaves. The outside packaging is identical, but the inside packaging varies. The original blades have a lot of wax attaching the paper, while the new blades have a small dot attaching the paper and it comes off very easily. I found the new blades to be duller and less smooth than the original blades. Every shave ended with irritation and most with a nick. 

I grade my blades in tiers.

Tier 1 – Top 2 blades, that I have the most of and use most of the time.
Tier 2 – Blades that I would be happy to use regularly if I did not have my tier 1 blades.
Tier 3 – Decent blades that I could learn to live with and that I will try every now and again, for a change.
Tier 4 – Blades that would be a last resort, if I did not have anything else from the above tiers. Most of these blades are just a pack or 2, bought as samplers.
Tier 5 – Would rather use a cartridge or grow a beard.

Sadly, these new PSI blades fall into Tier 4 for me. But, I have sensitive skin and tough beard hair and only do 1 pass with buffing. Any blade will give me irritation with more than 1 pass. 

[Image: uo0Vwzq.jpg]

0 160
 07-23-2020, 02:42 PM
User Info
thanks for the information. great detail.  these are one of my favorites and stocked up in 2016 and have about 50 packs.

97 1,567
 07-28-2020, 01:18 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Having been a vintage blade user exclusively for years now I'm not up to snuff on what's current but both PSI and Wizamet Iridium Supers were amongst my regular ones back when and were, the consensus was, the same blade. Are the Wizamet still available? The only difference between the two was that the PSI only came in tucks of five and Wizamet in tens.

8 2,868