05-16-2020, 02:00 PM
User Info
So I loaded up my new Vector with a Kai Captain guard blade for its debut shave, and am not sure I care for the blade. It seemed to pull a lot. I had about 2.5 days growth. Went through my normal routine. As soon as I stared my first stroke it was pulling. I finished a 2 pass shave without and nicks or irritation, and the razor is awesome. Has anyone else experienced an issue like this? I read so many great reviews about Kai blades. This was one of the blades I ordered from tryablade. Maybe a stupid question, but do guard blades have a tendency to pull? The feather pro guard in my Occam’s has a slight pull feeling, but nothing like today. I love the Vector head. The handle is great too, but gets slippery. Looking forward to my next shave with it. I do have a few other blade choices. Looking forward to everyone’s thoughts and opinions. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 48
 05-16-2020, 03:23 PM
User Info
The regular Kai's are good blades, but the Mild's IMO are just awful!  My favorites in the Vector are the Schick Prolines (in fact, my favorite artist club blades period).  Every bit as sharp as Feather's, but smoother.

56 1,278
 05-16-2020, 04:14 PM
User Info
(05-16-2020, 03:23 PM)david1201 Wrote: The regular Kai's are good blades, but the Mild's IMO are just awful!  My favorites in the Vector are the Schick Prolines (in fact, my favorite artist club blades period).  Every bit as sharp as Feather's, but smoother.

I ordered 2 Prolines as well, I’m going to try them next. I’m wondering if the guarded blades are part of the pulling issue? I tried them first as I hadn’t used a SE razor before. Shaved about 10 years with a DE. The non guarded blades can’t be that much different from a DE blade, right? Thanks for your thoughts and advice.

0 48
 05-17-2020, 01:14 AM
User Info
Most of the times, when a guarded blade pulls, its because of the angle.

9 1,611
 05-17-2020, 03:47 AM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
I like the non-guard version.

36 1,088
 05-17-2020, 04:00 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I only use guarded blades (both Feather and Kai) in my Asylum RX. They both work well for me in that razor, in part because they calm the beast. I use un-guarded Kai, Feather and Proline blades in all my other SE razors (Alumigoose, Ikon MR SE, Colonial General v1, Vector and ATT SE2). I like the Feather Pro Super in the Vector, which seems milder than the others.

17 728
 05-17-2020, 05:33 PM
User Info
Tonight I swapped the Kai for a Proline, and there was no pulling whatsoever. Along with no pulling, there was also no nicks or irritation. I’ll be trying other non guarded blades until I decide which compliments the razor and my face best. I also tried another handle tonight, slightly heavier but also better grip. Needless to say tonight’s shave was much more pleasant.

0 48