05-23-2020, 06:15 AM
User Info
There are a few threads here about Manuel’s splendid soaps. They were mentioned frequently in the current “10 best soaps” thread, for some reason.
Only recently I acquired his Hoi An soap and balm.
I am impressed.

I would like to see a thread here about his soaps in general, to get things bundled. And because they deserve itSmile

I would like to start with Hoi An.
This is the name of a Vietnamese city, translated  “peaceful meeting place” and is a UNESCO World heritage site.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%E1%BB%99...prov=sfti1

https://maps.apple.com/?ll=15.883333,108.333333&q=H%E1%BB%99i%20An&_ext=EiQpMKInRETEL0AxE8FRVVUVW0A5MKInRETEL0BBE8FRVVUVW0A%3D

Manuel describes the scent as containing peppermint, white grapefruit, lavender, cedar.
I do not find peppermint, but rather spearmint as the most prominent component. I could not tell other scent components apart, but the overall impression is quite pleasant and singular.
The soap had outstanding glide and overall performance was truly up with the very best. 
I combined soap and balm with Creed Viking.
They aren’t that much similar, but imo work pretty well together. Peppermint and spearmint.
Creed Viking initially reminded me of a dental lab, then I thought it quite nice, but being the kid version while Royal Mayfair is for adultsSmile
Well, I got a sample and gave this edp a try again.  I began to really like it. 

The Hoi An a.s. balm is identically scented and worked like a charm. Very nice post shave skin feeling.

[Image: anhoVfL.jpg]

0 499
 05-23-2020, 06:20 AM
User Info
Second try with Eufros: Vetiver Haití

Same excellent shave properties, very good.  Manuel describes the scent :
Quote:
Quote:Pure vetiver, intense, smoked, powerful.

I do agree. A very strong, very dark scent, a lot of bitter notes. 
Too much so for my taste. I prefer the lighter vetiver scent versions from MDC or Creed, which are lighter and brighter.
If this kind of dark Vetiver is your cup of tea, you will be impressed.

0 499
 05-23-2020, 01:17 PM
User Info
An old thread dedicated to JabonMan also Smile 

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=23579

9 2,133
 05-23-2020, 03:29 PM
User Info
I find that JabonMan are among the best artisan soaps available.  I've tried most of the scents.  I recently finished a Tierra Humada, and currently have the following in my rotation:

-    Kasbah
-    Rosa-Oud
-    Zanzibar
-    Gea
-    Agarwood
-    Tobacco

If you like pure Vetiver, untamed by blending with other scents, try JabonMan's Vetiver Haiti and Mike's Vetiver.

If you like real Tobacco, without excessive sweet or floral notes, try JabonMan's Tobacco and Asylum Old Virginia.

If you like a masterfully blended citrus scent, which is not overpowered by the citrus aspect,  try JabonMan Mediterraneo.

60 10,554
 05-24-2020, 09:16 AM
  • Bony
  • New York , USA
User Info
I had the pleasure speaking with Manuel over the phone last year . What a great person ! I bought directly from him 2 soaps:
Vetiver and Tobacco. I highly recommend any off his soaps or A/S.

11 530
 05-24-2020, 10:51 AM
User Info
Quite a lengthy old thread.
No need for a second one.
Maybe administrators are kind enough to add these recent posts to the old thread?

0 499
 05-25-2020, 05:42 AM
User Info
Manuel's soap and balms are special. Dama de Noche is my favorite scent.

0 51
 05-25-2020, 05:50 AM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
Rosa Bourbon is an awesome scent.

36 1,084
 06-17-2020, 03:19 AM
User Info
His balms are the best in the market in my opinion. Just wonderful. His soaps are great too!

5 268
 06-17-2020, 06:39 AM
User Info
(05-23-2020, 03:29 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: If you like a masterfully blended citrus scent, which is not overpowered by the citrus aspect,  try JabonMan Mediterraneo.

+1

67 1,982