05-23-2020, 05:19 PM
User Info
I'm wondering...can a soap have a bad batch?  I'm strictly talking about MWF.  I know some say it is hard to lather and I get that.  But I have to tell you, I have tried 30 ways to Sunday to get this soap passed the airy, frothy stage and all I get is a ton more airy lather.  I had seen a Youtuber say he thought he bought a bad puck.  He couldn't get it to lather.  He received a sample of MWF from a friend and presto...lather, not a problem.  He has since sent a sample of his puck to the friend to get his opinion.  I was wondering if there is such a thing as a bad batch?

0 11
 05-23-2020, 07:41 PM
User Info
(05-23-2020, 05:19 PM)Bryan_D Wrote: I'm wondering...can a soap have a bad batch?  I'm strictly talking about MWF.  I know some say it is hard to lather and I get that.  But I have to tell you, I have tried 30 ways to Sunday to get this soap passed the airy, frothy stage and all I get is a ton more airy lather.  I had seen a Youtuber say he thought he bought a bad puck.  He couldn't get it to lather.  He received a sample of MWF from a friend and presto...lather, not a problem.  He has since sent a sample of his puck to the friend to get his opinion.  I was wondering if there is such a thing as a bad batch?

Of course the answer is yes but I suspect it is not a bad batch. Maybe it just isn't for you and that is okay too. Either set it aside or sell it. No use in being frustrated with trying to get something to work.

87 1,801
 05-23-2020, 07:53 PM
User Info
(05-23-2020, 07:41 PM)zaclikestoshave Wrote:
(05-23-2020, 05:19 PM)Bryan_D Wrote: I'm wondering...can a soap have a bad batch?  I'm strictly talking about MWF.  I know some say it is hard to lather and I get that.  But I have to tell you, I have tried 30 ways to Sunday to get this soap passed the airy, frothy stage and all I get is a ton more airy lather.  I had seen a Youtuber say he thought he bought a bad puck.  He couldn't get it to lather.  He received a sample of MWF from a friend and presto...lather, not a problem.  He has since sent a sample of his puck to the friend to get his opinion.  I was wondering if there is such a thing as a bad batch?

Of course the answer is yes but I suspect it is not a bad batch. Maybe it just isn't for you and that is okay too. Either set it aside or sell it. No use in being frustrated with trying to get something to work.

Good idea on setting it aside for a bit.  Try it again later.

0 11