05-29-2020, 12:11 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
Those who have read "Catch-22" know that there is only one catch, and it is Catch-22.  

My Personal Messages mailbox on this site has filled to capacity, and I was given a notice that I should delete messages there.  (I have retained some messages because the sender included photos in them, or gave me a street address, etc.)  

I tried to delete some messages.   But then the site responded that the Trash folder — to which deleted messages are sent — is part of my allocated space.  And, because my Personal Messages folder is full, no deleted messages can be added to the Trash folder.  (The Trash folder is empty.)  

So I cannot delete messages in the Personal Messages folder because there is no room in the Trash folder for the deleted messages.  Therefore, to allow deletion in the Personal Messages folder, I must make space in the (empty) Trash folder, but I cannot do that because my Personal Messages folder is full so there is no room in the (empty) Trash folder to accept deleted messages from the Personal Message folder.  

Catch-22.

1 1,462
 05-29-2020, 12:29 PM
User Info
Catch-22

6 568
 05-29-2020, 01:02 PM
User Info
(05-29-2020, 12:29 PM)Lipripper60 Wrote: Catch-22

+1

69 2,044
 05-29-2020, 05:55 PM
  • chazt
  • Shimmer of Techs
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Screen shot the photos and addresses, then save to photos. I tried PMing you yesterday, as a matter of fact..

19 4,683
 05-29-2020, 10:56 PM
User Info
(05-29-2020, 12:11 PM)Mel S Meles Wrote: Those who have read "Catch-22" know that there is only one catch, and it is Catch-22.  

My Personal Messages mailbox on this site has filled to capacity, and I was given a notice that I should delete messages there.  (I have retained some messages because the sender included photos in them, or gave me a street address, etc.)  

I tried to delete some messages.   But then the site responded that the Trash folder — to which deleted messages are sent — is part of my allocated space.  And, because my Personal Messages folder is full, no deleted messages can be added to the Trash folder.  (The Trash folder is empty.)  

So I cannot delete messages in the Personal Messages folder because there is no room in the Trash folder for the deleted messages.  Therefore, to allow deletion in the Personal Messages folder, I must make space in the (empty) Trash folder, but I cannot do that because my Personal Messages folder is full so there is no room in the (empty) Trash folder to accept deleted messages from the Personal Message folder.  

Catch-22.

Any Catch-22 situation can be circumvented by modifying the rules... I've temporarily increased your storage space, so you can go ahead and clean up Smile

3 7,351