05-29-2020, 08:06 PM
User Info
So apparently, the gillette heated razor is real thing that can be purchased for an crazy price of $200 USD. 

The promotional video made me cringe at how little these people actually know about mens shaving. And notice how the global product manager, product innovation senior engineer and research and development section head are all women. Either these women are just token women placed in the video to show gender diversity, or they are really in decision making positions. I am all for qualified women being in leadership positions, but seriously, what do women know about mens shaving?? And yes, before someone gets mad at me, I know that plenty of men are in decision making and design positions for women's personal products and I think there is something wrong with that too.

0 134
 05-30-2020, 03:03 AM
User Info
This razor also uses special cartridges.  At $6.25 each, they're more expensive than the already absurdly priced Fusion cartridges.

60 10,316
 05-30-2020, 03:17 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Some 20+ years ago my father-in-law wrote a pen and paper letter to Gillette with a complaint about the quality/longevity of his Mach 3 cartridges. The response back was from the national director of customer service, or some other similar, fancy title. That person was a woman. Now, my wife and I thought little of the person’s gender, but my f-i-l was incredulous! He asked the same question, “What does a woman know about men’s shaving?” We made the same argument that @meshave stated, that there are plenty of men who design products for women, and there are also probably way more male ob/gyns than there are female. None of our logic made him feel any better. He felt an affront to his proud, daily ritual.

16 4,239
 05-30-2020, 03:59 AM
User Info
Definitely way too pricey and don't really see the benefit to it. Will stick to a mach3 if I use a cartridge but haven't used it in a long time.

1 27