06-13-2020, 05:47 AM
  • TomG
  • Perth, Western Australia
User Info
After reading on several Boards that the Clubman aftershave splashes benefit from storage in glass, I took the plunge with my three favourite variants, and I am delighted with the results.

[Image: 6uCXSjT.jpg]

[Image: oMnBrzK.jpg]

2 268
 06-13-2020, 07:27 AM
User Info
Great idea. They deserve this kind of presentation.
Well done!

9 1,584
 06-13-2020, 04:18 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
TomG, this looks like something I might want to try doing. Can you share how you did the switch? Also please, what is the benefit of doing this with the product? Does it preserve the scent? Thanks very much.

16 4,241
 06-13-2020, 06:59 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
Beautiful. Are those Myrsol bottles?

17 723
 06-14-2020, 12:45 AM
  • TomG
User Info
(06-13-2020, 06:59 PM)pbrmhl Wrote: Beautiful. Are those Myrsol bottles?

Well spotted - they are indeed Myrsol bottles!
I still enjoy several Myrsol A/S splashes - just recycling, and I think they look kinda cool.

2 268
 06-14-2020, 12:49 AM
  • TomG
User Info
(06-13-2020, 04:18 PM)chazt Wrote: TomG, this looks like something I might want to try doing. Can you share how you did the switch? Also please, what is the benefit of doing this with the product? Does it preserve the scent? Thanks very much.

G'day @chazt.

I knock up the labels myself, using the open-source GIMP software, and print to waterproof labels.  The triangular Myrsol labels are a little challenging, but once you have developed the template, it is a snap.
I wash the bottles well before the transfer of aftershave liquid, which I accomplish via a syringe.

My understanding regarding scent is that, over time, the aftershave may react with the plastic, whilst glass is inert in this respect.

Cheers,

TomG

2 268
 06-14-2020, 03:35 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(06-14-2020, 12:49 AM)TomG Wrote: G'day @chazt.

I knock up the labels myself, using the open-source GIMP software, and print to waterproof labels.  The triangular Myrsol labels are a little challenging, but once you have developed the template, it is a snap.
I wash the bottles well before the transfer of aftershave liquid, which I accomplish via a syringe.

My understanding regarding scent is that, over time, the aftershave may react with the plastic, whilst glass is inert in this respect.

Cheers,

TomG

Thank you, TomG. I love your idea and execution! Now that I’m thinking about it, I likely won’t do as you did. 1, I have no empty AS bottles. 2, no printer. 3, Pinaud products are inexpensive and easily found in my area. If/when my Clubman reacts negatively with the plastic bottle I can simply go buy a new one.

But I really do admire your creativity! Thanks for sharing.

16 4,241