06-13-2020, 12:43 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info

This is a superb shaving soap indeed.

The UK tallow soap greatness is back with this Salter soap , which also shares the same formulation with the new Harris soaps.

It’s performance is top notch , like Tabac or even the old Trumper tallow soap (I know , that’s a big statement there)

A scent which is very similar to the old Truefitt and Hill Classic soap (fresh lavender) and a great performance makes this soap a must try , specially for its price.

Let me know if you guys have tried it and what are your impressions of it.

93 7,476
 06-15-2020, 08:45 AM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
I’ve got it and yes it’s good, especially for the price, and it’s more like the old English tallow soaps that we used to know, maybe because it is. The scent is lovely.

Are you listening Floris, Penhaligons, and 3Ts? Crickets....

9 843
 06-15-2020, 08:46 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(06-15-2020, 08:45 AM)Steve56 Wrote: I’ve got it and yes it’s good, especially for the price, and it’s more like the old English tallow soaps that we used to know, maybe because it is. The scent is lovely.

Are you listening Floris, Penhaligons, and 3Ts? Crickets....

Fortunately , Harris soaps share this new formulation with the Salter soap.

The rest , oh well , we can only wish...

93 7,476
 06-15-2020, 12:08 PM
User Info
(06-13-2020, 12:43 PM)Teiste Wrote: https://youtu.be/J0iAy-vpHX8

This is a superb shaving soap indeed.

The UK tallow soap greatness is back with this Salter soap , which also shares the same formulation with the new Harris soaps.

It’s performance is top notch , like Tabac or even the old Trumper tallow soap (I know , that’s a big statement there)

A scent which is very similar to the old Truefitt and Hill Classic soap (fresh lavender) and a great performance makes this soap a must try , specially for its price.

Let me know if you guys have tried it and what are your impressions of it.
Now you have my interest...

83 6,309
 06-15-2020, 12:32 PM
User Info
I just checked out this soap at BullGoose and learned that it's $9.00.   The Cyril R. Salter creams are also exceptional quality for the price, so I'm not surprised the same is true of the soap.  I definitely have to try this one.

60 10,503