06-23-2020, 09:34 PM
User Info
Has anyone with sensitive skin used Geo F Trumper skin food? I have sensitive skin and am wondering if this is a suitable product for me?

0 146
 06-23-2020, 10:07 PM
User Info
It’s ok. Glycerin is one its main ingredients which makes it feel slick/tacky after application. Speick aftershave was much more healing for me than this.

36 2,138
 06-23-2020, 11:21 PM
User Info
(06-23-2020, 10:07 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: It’s ok. Glycerin is one its main ingredients which makes it feel slick/tacky after application. Speick aftershave was much more healing for me than this.

+1

87 1,797
 06-24-2020, 12:42 AM
User Info
I've had the Coral (rose) and Limes versions... To be blunt I found it good for nothing. As Mike points out, it has virtually no healing/soothing properties whatsoever. TOBS aftershave gels are superior products in this regard, they leave your face feeling silky smooth like latex.

4 351
 06-24-2020, 06:09 AM
User Info
I've used GFT Skin Food in Sandalwood, Coral and Extract of Limes.  It's a good product which has been around a long time.  Some guys like it, while others don't care for the sticky feeling from the glycerin.  You'll have to try it and decide for yourself.  

I have found that plain, 100% Jojoba oil is excellent as a post shave product.  Jojoba oil is the primary ingredient in the expensive and well regarded post shave serums from Sebum.

60 10,482
 06-24-2020, 06:50 AM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
My goal for a post shave product is to moisturize my dry skin, a nice moderate scent and not an "all day" scent.  Pacifying post-shave irritation and aggravation is lower on my requirements list (also normally a 2 pass shaver).

GFT Skin Food in Sandalwood is a favorite product.  The glycerine attracts moisture to the face and the scent is nice and short lived.

17 967
 06-25-2020, 09:37 AM
  • DanLaw
  • Just an old slow fat man
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info
Terrible skin and facial injuries.  Been under dermatologist care since a child.  GFT OK but if you have the money, ABC balms by far the very best on the market - have literally tried them all.  Of serum, have used both Grooming Dept and Sebum Gold (not rest of line) - both about equally good with GD being much less expensive.  A real AS star marketed as skin food is ETHOS - this stuff is incredible!  Combining layering ETHOS Skin Food, GD Serum and ABC Balm (in sequence) is the best solution found to date - each require minimal amount to yield results

6 698
 06-25-2020, 01:07 PM
User Info
Thanks for advice folks. I think I will pass on GFT skin food and look into the other options suggested.

0 146