06-28-2020, 02:42 PM
User Info
I decided to order the shaving brush The Varlet.  
It is clear that expensive, but no more expensive than Sebum Blue)) 
I made an order on the website of The Varlet and then wrote Aldo.  Aldo kindly replied that he would do everything possible to fulfill the order.  

What shaving brush and with what additional options is better (density, knot, handle, copper insert, polishing etc.)?

Gentlemen, I will be very grateful for your comments and your experience.

5 171
 06-28-2020, 03:54 PM
  • DanLaw
  • Just an old slow fat man
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info
Most guys I know prefer the gaslamp or ranger in dark 28 Alpine grade dense sans copper IIRC. Know 3 guys going bigger knot, 2 expressed regret

Have a std ranger and it ok

6 698
 06-28-2020, 04:08 PM
User Info
I have a beehive.  Very nice brush.

1 642
 06-28-2020, 04:45 PM
User Info
I have a Beehive, had an Orion, and have 2 Megas before alpine was introduced. My first Mega is from the very first drop. I liked the Beehives Aldo did best when he first started. I like the shape of the Gaslamp. I wouldn't mind having an Orion again. I parted with it in a trade, but would probably rank that as my favorite handle with a tie going to the next two handles. No comments on copper core, handle polish, or extra density as there was none of that when I got my brushes. I've been tempted here and there to get a tall Mega and an Orion, but haven't followed through on it. I would probably take a bit more density but not sure why as I don't feel it is needed or a shorter loft for that matter. That dark butterscotch is quite nice I have to say. I would go for large knots as that has been my preference if I were to get more Varlets, but the Orion in its base form is quite satisfying too. It's really about finding what your preferences are. There isn't some magical combination that will make it the best brush in the world for everyone. Some combinations will hold more value across a wider range of people, but that's it.

33 1,003