07-01-2020, 09:21 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Co-Owner, Brad Sears ShaveWorks
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
Gentlemen,

For your consideration, we just listed three new brushes in The ReadyMade Collection:  a 28mm Estate Badger Rosebud in Ivory & Rose Perla, a 28mm Estate Badger Arley in Seafoam & New Moon, and a 26mm Arley in classic Briarwood & Ebony.

[Image: oh4ZjVT.jpg]

[Image: eH1QAqS.jpg]

[Image: 1UBcdio.jpg]

Best wishes for a Happy and Safe Fourth of July!

4 1,045
 07-09-2020, 01:51 PM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
The word, "excited" is admittedly overused today.  Nevertheless, we believe it's an appropriate description of our feelings about the new shaving brushes recently added to The ReadyMade Collection.  

For your consideration, we offer the last of its kind Morris & Forndran Raspberry Fields Ebonite 2XL followed by our newly redesigned BSSW Beehive, and a lovely Barrister and Arley--all hand-turned and filled with our luxurious Estate Badger hair for a most luxurious shave.  [Read More...

[Image: 8txXHch.jpg]

[Image: hUcdwTU.jpg]

[Image: Qm0LLE4.jpg]

[Image: Hi3JhEs.jpg]

Enjoy!

4 1,045
 07-09-2020, 02:12 PM
User Info
SBAD enabled

64 1,876
 07-09-2020, 09:29 PM
User Info
(07-09-2020, 01:51 PM)BSWoodturning Wrote: The word, "excited" is admittedly overused today.  Nevertheless, we believe it's an appropriate description of our feelings about the new shaving brushes recently added to The ReadyMade Collection.  

For your consideration, we offer the last of its kind Morris & Forndran Raspberry Fields Ebonite 2XL.

[Image: 8txXHch.jpg]

That's a great knot!

60 10,407
 07-11-2020, 03:42 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
"When it rains, it pours!"  Another prodigal shipment from Morris & Forndran, containing half a dozen ReadyMade brushes, has completed its world tour and is now available for your consideration.  [Read More...

[Image: llQn4Mh.jpg]

[Image: t7ctjjc.jpg]

[Image: lGKIiEU.jpg]

Have a great weekend!

4 1,045
 07-15-2020, 01:34 AM
User Info
What is the handle material on the Heritage II brush? Quite nice!

33 1,001
 07-15-2020, 06:16 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
(07-15-2020, 01:34 AM)kooshman7 Wrote: What is the handle material on the Heritage II brush? Quite nice!

It's an acrylic resin sold under the trade name, "kirinite."  It can yield a very nice result, as you can see.  The only problem is that the color patterning is inconsistent--apparently from batch to batch.  I say that with some qualification because the first batch we acquired had lovely coloring pretty much throughout, but the fancy color patterning (i.e., the grays and blacks) in the second batch--from which this brush was turned--was, with the exception of this and one other piece, almost non-existent.  It's an expensive material made even more so when we have to shelve 75-80% of a shipment.  We'll keep what we have and maybe use it for ornamentation (rings, collars, etc.) on special pieces.  It's a shame, but due to its unpredictability (and cost!), I doubt we'll be ordering it again.  I'm sorry.

4 1,045
 07-21-2020, 11:17 PM
User Info
(07-15-2020, 06:16 AM)BSWoodturning Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 01:34 AM)kooshman7 Wrote: What is the handle material on the Heritage II brush? Quite nice!

It's an acrylic resin sold under the trade name, "kirinite."  It can yield a very nice result, as you can see.  The only problem is that the color patterning is inconsistent--apparently from batch to batch.  I say that with some qualification because the first batch we acquired had lovely coloring pretty much throughout, but the fancy color patterning (i.e., the grays and blacks) in the second batch--from which this brush was turned--was, with the exception of this and one other piece, almost non-existent.  It's an expensive material made even more so when we have to shelve 75-80% of a shipment.  We'll keep what we have and maybe use it for ornamentation (rings, collars, etc.) on special pieces.  It's a shame, but due to its unpredictability (and cost!), I doubt we'll be ordering it again.  I'm sorry.

Even if it is limited in the scope it is used, it is still a pleasure to see a previously never before seen material!

33 1,001
 07-23-2020, 05:28 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
(07-21-2020, 11:17 PM)kooshman7 Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 06:16 AM)BSWoodturning Wrote:

Even if it is limited in the scope it is used, it is still a pleasure to see a previously never before seen material!

Appreciate your kind words, Joe.  We try.  Tongue  Have a good one.

4 1,045
 Yesterday, 01:44 PM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
Gentlemen,

Four Morris & Forndran ReadyMade brushes came in with the last shipment.  Included were two Heritage II TH brushes that had "gone walkabout" a few months back.   All are now available for your consideration in The ReadyMade Collection.  

[Image: Jv1WpNd.jpg]
Bone & Lavender

[Image: GoWBFty.jpg]
Ebony & White Gold

[Image: Kck3YNa.jpg]

L7, Antique Ivory, Finest Badger

[Image: gpKnFnR.jpg]
3XL, Butterscotch & Tortoiseshell, Super Badger

Enjoy!

4 1,045