07-08-2020, 09:22 AM
User Info
I whipped up a face full of Cold River Soap Works (in the Brazen Moment flavor) today.  New for me, never tried any CSRW soaps before today’s shave.

I was very impressed.  The Brazen Moment offering that I tried was the CRSW “Glide” soap base.  Can’t speak to their other bases, but this stuff is bulletproof.  I’m not sure if the Brazen Moment scent will ever be a favorite, but I didn’t hate it.  Maybe a little too “hedge fund manager/Alpha Male” cologne scent for me.

I could easily compare the CRSW lather to my short-lived experience with Sē’bŭm soap.  At 1/4 of the price...it’s a steal.  The face lathering took an above average amount of brush dipping into the distilled water to get the Greek yogurt consistency.  No harm there, but once you get to the right proportion, this soap ROCKS.  The cushion is superb, the slickness is equally as good and the residual slickness is above average.  

With only a 10 second load with a Zenith manchurian brush, I had more than enough lather for 3 passes.  I actually think I loaded too much soap in a few swipes with the brush.  This stuff is on the cream end of the “croap” scale, quite soft, so I’ll be more careful next shave.  

Using a brass Karve with C plate and a new Polsilver, this could easily have been a 2 pass shave, with a little hunt and peck... (I’m now convinced that I only do 3 passes anymore, because I like it.)  I could have used my F plate, double the blade gap, with this soap and been un-irritated I’m sure.  Next time...

(Disclaimer:  No free soap for me, I paid for mine!  I have no sales and/or marketing contract with CRSW...Past performance is not indicative of future results. I’m Pete and I approve this soap.)

Pete

[Image: skSUqeA.jpg]

4 210
 07-08-2020, 09:36 AM
User Info
So many CRSW soaps so little time

66 1,945
 07-08-2020, 10:09 AM
User Info
With CRSW soaps, and glide in particular, past performance is indicative of future performance! Biggrin

36 2,140
 07-08-2020, 11:07 AM
User Info
Hijack warning
I have CRSW Oliva Citrus and Oliva Vetiver and find Oliva excellent too

66 1,945
 07-08-2020, 11:31 AM
User Info
(07-08-2020, 11:07 AM)jackgoldman123 Wrote: Hijack warning

I would be afraid, very afraid, of that olive oil stuff.  
Shaving with Pesto sauce?
Although, it was your comments on CRSW that caused me to vent more unwanted $$ on yet another soap!
Thanks Jack.

4 210
 07-08-2020, 02:24 PM
User Info
(07-08-2020, 11:31 AM)PATRIOT Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 11:07 AM)jackgoldman123 Wrote: Hijack warning

I would be afraid, very afraid, of that olive oil stuff.  
Shaving with Pesto sauce?
Although, it was your comments on CRSW that caused me to vent more unwanted $$ on yet another soap!
Thanks Jack.

Oliva is excellent, and will dispel any preconceived notions you may have about an olive oil based shaving soap.  It certainly did that for me.

60 10,505
 07-08-2020, 03:50 PM
User Info
I’m also a fan of a Oliva - very impressed by its performance.

36 2,140
 07-08-2020, 07:08 PM
User Info
In the ever more crowded space of shaving soaps and creams,  CRSW is one of the true jewels and fly way farther under the radar than they should.

Fantastic artisan and never disappoints!

9 210
 07-09-2020, 10:22 PM
User Info
CRSW soaps are amongst the best in the artisan community. Their Limenthol (lime, ginger and a touch of menthol) is fantastic for summer shaves.

1 36