07-19-2020, 04:17 PM
User Info
Hello Gentlemen,

I know not many of us have been travelling with the current pandemic, however I was curious as to what you use when and if you do travel for work and holidays ect.
I don't travel often, but plan to visit my daughter overseas once things hopefully get back to normal, and I may put together a (travel) shaving kit to stay presentable.

Pictures, info or any inspiration most welcome.

Thank you in advance and of course stay safe wherever you are in the world.

Bob

0 14
 07-19-2020, 07:57 PM
User Info
My current travel setup consists of the following:

Edwin Jagger DE87 Razor in a Spearhead Shaving Co. razor case.

Yaqi Sagrada Famiglia synthetic brush, in a brush container that I bought from Em’s Shave place.

Collapsible pet food bowl for making lather in

Small squeeze bottle of witch hazel

1oz tube of Old Spice Fresh Lime shaving cream

A shave stick of some kind

Ogallala Limes & Peppercorns aftershave in a sample sized spray bottle

All this stuff gives me a little variety, while taking up minimal space in my Dopp kit.

0 64
 07-19-2020, 09:00 PM
User Info
If I check a bag my kit is:
Gillette Superspeed
Gillette Rubie blades 
Teton Shaves “Acorn” synthetic brush
In a Viewtainer for protection
Crowne n Crane Spruce soap
Shea butter for post.

Carry on?
Gillette Guard cartridge razor
All else stays the same

6 556
 07-19-2020, 09:18 PM
User Info
My travel kit consists of:

Razors:
RazoRock Mission (EJ DE89 clone) on an Edwin Jagger chrome handle (I only take this for car and train travel)
Gillette Mach 3 with an Edwin Jagger handle (I only take this for air travel when I'm checking bags which is always)

Blades:
Gillette Silver Blue or Mach 3 carts

A stainless steel insulated lather bowl with lid (It's super light and I put stuff in it)

A RazoRock Plissoft synthetic brush in a Simpson's travel tube

A plastic brush/razor stand

A small tube of TOBS shaving cream (whatever scent is available)

A RazoRock travel alum

Small plastic containers of:
witch hazel
Pinaud Clubman aftershave
Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk aftershave

A Pinaud styptic pencil

I put the liquids in a TSA approved bag and the rest goes in a geen canvas and leather dopp kit.

2 390
 07-19-2020, 09:45 PM
User Info
Currently my GoBag holds;
- A reproduction Khaki Kit (courtesy of Spearhead Shaving) with an open comb Yaqi
- An Omega 50014 travel boar
- A BEA shave stick
- A small bottle of aftershave
- A small alum block
- Blades

I've previously traveled with a genuine 1918 Khaki Kit and a Merkur travel razor.

3 7,174
 07-20-2020, 03:29 AM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(07-19-2020, 04:17 PM)Bobshaving101 Wrote: I don't travel often, but plan to visit my daughter overseas once things hopefully get back to normal, and I may put together a (travel) shaving kit to stay presentable.

Up until the pandemic shut things down, we traveled by air very frequently, and we travel very light (carry-on luggage only).
In the United States, razor blades are not permitted in the cabin of commercial airliners.

My shaving kit comprises:  
•  A Mystic Water shave stick (Vetiver & Oakmoss, if you must know)
•  An original Plisson synthetic shave brush (unique when purchased, but since copied by myriad vendors) in a protective plastic tube/*
•  A Feather MR3 neo cartridge razor; a new MR3 neo cartridge is good for at least 15 shaves, so, for a short trip, I need not carry a spare
•  That's it.   I count upon towels, etc., being available in whatever lodgings where I shall rest my head.

* For years, I used a cardboard tube from a roll of toilet paper, but I upgraded a couple of years ago.

1 1,450
 07-20-2020, 03:33 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Like FenderMan, I have a Spearhead razor case. It’s a well made reproduction of the old Khaki set. In the case I include the razor, a Merkur head on a ball end handle and a package of Personna Platinum Chrome blades. The brush in my kit at the moment is a Bob Quinn Mother Lode nestled in a Simpson tube. I tend to eschew witch hazel or any other splash when traveling, and use only an Omega alum block. I like the Omega for travel because it is housed in a groovy little plastic protective container. My travel soap is generally a tub of Valobra as they take up less space in the bag than other soaps. I also stash a mini container of shea butter, hair and toothbrushes, dental floss, a small Dr. Bronner’s toothpaste, deodorant, small scissor, nail file and tweezer into the Dopp kit. If we’re traveling by auto I add other desired items to the kit, such as another soap, a small bottle of witch hazel, and maybe even a little stand for the razor. One must remain civilized when one travels.

16 4,313
 07-20-2020, 05:43 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
I travel mainly by air, so my shaving gear conforms with carry-on regulations.  My kit comprises:

- Synthetic shaving brush; currently an AP Shave Co. Synbad.  I carry it in a plastic pill bottle with holes punch in the top and end.  Although I prefer badger and boar brushes over synthetics, the big advantage of a synthetic for travel is that it dries very quickly.
- Shaving soap stick.  Currently it’s Harris Lavender, but I use Speick and Tabac as well.
- Gillette Sensor razor and cartridges.
- 50 ml bottle of aftershave splash. Currently it’s Aqua Velva Blue.
- Styptic pencil.
- Body Shop Maca Root Doderant.
- 75 ml bottle of Head & Shoulders shampoo.
- Battery operated toothbrush.
- Small boar hairbrush and a comb.
- 50 ml bottle of hair dressing.

9 1,152
 07-20-2020, 05:54 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I travel lite whether flying or driving.

Brush: Simpsons Wee Scott (In a ventilated pill bottle)
Razor: Three or four BIC single edge disposables
Soap:  Speick Stick
Aft/Sv: Speick After Shave in small plastic bottle

187 26,161
 07-20-2020, 06:35 AM
User Info
It seems that among those responding thus far, carry on bags and cartridges are more common than checked bags and making arrangements to either buy blades upon arrival or sending blades to the hotel destination.  I could never be bothered with seeking out blades or sending them as most of my travel in the past was business related and I rarely had time to do anything more than attend client meetings, inspect properties and dine with clients and colleagues.  The other reason I would carry bags while traveling on business was because a checked bag could be lost and I was unwilling to take the risk that my bag would be the one that got lost.  Then I'd really be scrambling to replace suits, shirts, ties and shaving gear.  Not a great look with clients.

2 390
 07-20-2020, 07:09 AM
User Info
Almost all of my traveling involves checked bags, so I just bring whatever I want.

0 64
 07-20-2020, 07:18 AM
User Info
My ultimate lightweight travel set up for Zermatt, carrying two pairs of skis and a big Rimowa suitcase, her carrying the skiing boots and a rucksack.
Only a few minutes to change trains with the Swiss railroad, which has an impressive punctuality.
Most lightweight of my good razors: Rotbart.
An almost empty CRSW soap, a vintage Thaeter, almost empty Bulldog balm, a sample of Creed Original Vetiver.
We didn’t miss a trainSmile

[Image: SQTMVIX.jpg]

0 476
 07-20-2020, 07:25 AM
User Info
[Image: S20Cotl.jpg]Typical business travel set up:
A decent razor which will not cut me, like Barbaros or most of the time, my favorite Pils. 
The Rubberset 400 inspired BBS 1 with Mühle synthetic knot, needs no drying, almost indestructible.
Some soap, a.s. and edp which match.

0 476
 07-20-2020, 07:33 AM
User Info
[Image: XFEQHX7.jpg]Travel for pleasure: good stuff including a really decent brush. When travelling Italy, somehow I always gravitate towards AdP.
[Image: 3Cpqh2n.jpg]

0 476
 07-21-2020, 08:46 AM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
I have a Gillette travel tech with a red leather case. Generally these razors are pristine and cheap. Quite a few must have been Fathers Day gifts that ended up in the back of the drawer. The tiny handle seems like a joke but the weight and balance are spot on for a smooth and efficient daily driver while on the road again.
PermaSharp or Astra blades. 
A couple of shaving creams in sample containers. Omega synth brush.
A leftover chip of alum.
Pre de Provence AS balm.
10 ml of Edt or Edp the brand depending on the climate where I will be travelling.

0 462
 07-24-2020, 03:08 PM
User Info
(07-20-2020, 07:33 AM)apogee. Wrote: [Image: XFEQHX7.jpg]Travel for pleasure: good stuff including a really decent brush. When travelling Italy, somehow I always gravitate towards AdP.
[Image: 3Cpqh2n.jpg]

Lovely photographs, thank you very much. Smile

0 14
 07-24-2020, 03:09 PM
User Info
Thank you, all for your suggestions so far!

0 14
 08-01-2020, 06:08 AM
User Info
I usually roll with:
- injector razor in a leather holder (never been hassled by TSA when flying with it in my carryon)
- a synthetic brush, lately one of two Yaqi’s
- a couple of shave sticks
- a couple of aftershave samples (the Stirling glass vials are great)
- a couple of cologne sample vials, just in case the mood strikes

10 207