08-06-2020, 06:38 PM
User Info
Looking for some info on this shaving brush. I was clearing some space out for my soaps when I saw this box. I opened it and saw the brush. Had to be my dad's. It appears unused. I'm guessing it would be reasonably vintage. There is some white residue on the handle that seems to come off if scraped lightly. 

[Image: ljaqjSw.jpg][Image: wdv19dc.jpg][Image: kfILbc3.jpg]

1 106
 08-07-2020, 06:54 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Co-Owner, Brad Sears ShaveWorks
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
That's a neat old EverReady!  I don't have any information on it, but the handle should clean up nicely with some automotive polishing compound.  (I'd be carefull about trying to scratch off the white residue.)  After that I'd hand lather it a couple times with some with a good quality hair shampoo with conditioner, then rinse as usual and you should be good to go.  Love to hear how you like it.

4 1,057
 08-07-2020, 08:29 AM
User Info
That's a very nice find, and the connection to your father makes it truly special.

60 10,505
 08-07-2020, 10:42 AM
User Info
(08-07-2020, 06:54 AM)BSWoodturning Wrote: That's a neat old EverReady!  I don't have any information on it, but the handle should clean up nicely with some automotive polishing compound.  (I'd be carefull about trying to scratch off the white residue.)  After that I'd hand lather it a couple times with some with a good quality hair shampoo with conditioner, then rinse as usual and you should be good to go.  Love to hear how you like it.

I suspected that it was vintage, just wasn't sure if there was any way to date it. And, yeah, I just scraped carefully on the residue to se if it would come off. I have never used anything other than a synthetic so I'm not sure if I would use this but I am curious. I would like to clean it up though and see how it comes out!

1 106
 08-07-2020, 10:44 AM
User Info
(08-07-2020, 08:29 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: That's a very nice find, and the connection to your father makes it truly special.

Yes, it is! On both points. It was right there in the box, it was really hidden or anything I don't go in the cabinet often. I was just making room and saw the box. My dad used a cartridge razor for probably a long time but always used a brush and mug.

1 106