08-08-2020, 06:09 PM
User Info
I ordered these and they took 45 days for me to get them I almost didn't want them anymore while I was waiting for them. I just kind of put them aside when they came in and decided to assemble them tonight. I have to say, they look pretty good and have a nice weight to them. The green one weighs 89g. The Seafoam Green one came in at 88g. so they seem consistent. I think they look great and the finish seems pretty good to me, but I am far from an expert. I fitted them with the Yaqi Beast open comb head which I have used on other razors and liked. 

[Image: A67dcAn.jpg][Image: IxR1RJS.jpg]

4 459
 08-09-2020, 09:59 AM
  • chazt
  • Shimmer of Techs
  • Queens, NY
User Info
I like the dark green handle very much. Thanks for sharing!

19 4,796
 08-09-2020, 04:24 PM
User Info
(08-09-2020, 09:59 AM)chazt Wrote: I like the dark green handle very much. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! Green is my favorite color so I had to buy it. I shaved with it today and it really shaves great. It has a nice weight, feels good in my hand. I definitely liked it.

4 459
 08-09-2020, 05:52 PM
  • chazt
  • Shimmer of Techs
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Enjoy your shaves Smile

19 4,796
 08-09-2020, 07:20 PM
User Info
(08-09-2020, 05:52 PM)chazt Wrote: Enjoy your shaves Smile

Thanks! Same to you!

4 459
 10-18-2020, 08:46 AM
  • ischiapp
  • Forio d'Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
I like the dark color of the Black Edition.
[Image: 7PCCCTEm.jpg]

Actually not sure of this PVD technology.
I'd love to read some experience on it.
Can you share about your Yaqi?

0 2,572
 10-18-2020, 04:10 PM
User Info
(10-18-2020, 08:46 AM)ischiapp Wrote: I like the dark color of the Black Edition.
[Image: 7PCCCTEm.jpg]

Actually not sure of this PVD technology.
I'd love to read some experience on it.
Can you share about your Yaqi?

I just have the Beast head with chrome plating. Not sure if it is the same plating material/process. The chrome finish is quite nice and looks great on the head as well as the chrome parts on the handle. I haven't seen those, they look sharp. Hard to beat for the money. I have a Yaqi brush also and love it.

4 459
 10-18-2020, 08:05 PM
  • norton
  • The Alien Nation
User Info
Looks like a good find.  I like the green as well.  

The head ( or at least the base plate ) looks like an EJ89.  That's fine - how is the fit / finish on these Yaqi razors?  Does the blade line up or do you need to do some adjusting? 

Thanks for sharing - (BTW - no one is an 'expert'.  Some are just more OCD than others - I put myself in the 'more' category.  Relax and enjoy the shaves).

17 195
 10-18-2020, 08:55 PM
User Info
(10-18-2020, 08:05 PM)norton Wrote: Looks like a good find.  I like the green as well.  

The head ( or at least the base plate ) looks like an EJ89.  That's fine - how is the fit / finish on these Yaqi razors?  Does the blade line up or do you need to do some adjusting? 

Thanks for sharing - (BTW - no one is an 'expert'.  Some are just more OCD than others - I put myself in the 'more' category.  Relax and enjoy the shaves).

The finish looks good to me. I have no complaints. I have a DE89 closed comb. Not sure if this one is the same as an EJ. I have really had no issues with the blade lining up but maybe my sight sucks. Haha! For around $20-$30 I think I paid for it, it is an excellent buy and is one of my favorites right now and I use it quite a bit. I like the weight and it feels great to me and I have had great shaves with it.

4 459
 11-10-2020, 04:20 PM
User Info
And here it is. The color is already coming off and you can see what appears to be brass. It is at the point where I can scrape it off with my nail. I still love the razor and it doesn't affect performance, but it is unfortunate as I love the color. 

[Image: pDBxAjC.jpg]

4 459
 11-10-2020, 05:23 PM
  • norton
  • The Alien Nation
User Info
Kind of a shame about the paint, but thanks for following up. 

As long as you enjoy the shaves. 

I know there used to be some artisans that made custom handles, but I don't remember seeing anything like what your pictures show.  
If the handle is brass, you may be able to have it repainted - there are places that can help if is something you care about enough to spend money to fix. 

Another option might be to drop them (Yaqi?)  an email and see if they'll help make it right.  Sometimes processes improve based on user feedback.

17 195
 11-11-2020, 12:42 AM
User Info
(11-10-2020, 05:23 PM)norton Wrote: Kind of a shame about the paint, but thanks for following up. 

As long as you enjoy the shaves. 

I know there used to be some artisans that made custom handles, but I don't remember seeing anything like what your pictures show.  
If the handle is brass, you may be able to have it repainted - there are places that can help if is something you care about enough to spend money to fix. 

Another option might be to drop them (Yaqi?)  an email and see if they'll help make it right.  Sometimes processes improve based on user feedback.

Those are some things I honestly didn't think of. Yeah, I really like this handle. Not sure it would be worth the cost to repaint, we will see how it holds up from here. I still really like the razor. It feels great in my hand and I get great shaves with it. It is still in my regular rotation.

4 459
 11-11-2020, 06:40 AM
  • norton
  • The Alien Nation
User Info
Yaqi seems to be making an effort to be legit. 

If it were my money I would contact them sooner rather than later and see what happens - the fact that it took 45 days to arrive will also buy you time. 
You already have pics of the paint coming off - so really you've done the hard part. 

Yaqi does have a Warranty and Returns policy on their site -

"If for any reason you are not happy with your YAQI product please reach out to us so that we can solve the issue for you. Our products are checked, double checked & triple checked so if there is an issue we would really like to know."

Who knows?  Maybe they ship you a replacement handle or give you a credit.

17 195
 11-11-2020, 05:15 PM
  • MrGuy
  • Black Hills of SD
User Info
Bummer! Hopefully Yaqi offers some sort of resolution, that’s awfully fast to be having issues. A lot of people report great longevity on razors of Testors brand enamel paints sold in the model section of hobby shops, the little tiny glass bottles. Well, they were glass last time I used any. They have a pretty impressive range of colors as well. If you can’t match the color I bet you’ll find something you like just as much. Either way, I’ll be following to see what comes of this.

1 107
 11-11-2020, 05:17 PM
User Info
(11-11-2020, 06:40 AM)norton Wrote: Yaqi seems to be making an effort to be legit. 

If it were my money I would contact them sooner rather than later and see what happens - the fact that it took 45 days to arrive will also buy you time. 
You already have pics of the paint coming off - so really you've done the hard part. 

Yaqi does have a Warranty and Returns policy on their site -

"If for any reason you are not happy with your YAQI product please reach out to us so that we can solve the issue for you. Our products are checked, double checked & triple checked so if there is an issue we would really like to know."

Who knows?  Maybe they ship you a replacement handle or give you a credit.

I will have to give them a shout. I bought it off Aliexpress, not the Yaqi site. Either way, it has been only 3months since receiving it. While I do use it on a more or less regular basis, it certainly hasn't been put through the ringer either.

4 459
 11-11-2020, 05:24 PM
User Info
(11-11-2020, 05:15 PM)MrGuy Wrote: Bummer! Hopefully Yaqi offers some sort of resolution, that’s awfully fast to be having issues. A lot of people report great longevity on razors of Testors brand enamel paints sold in the model section of hobby shops, the little tiny glass bottles. Well, they were glass last time I used any. They have a pretty impressive range of colors as well. If you can’t match the color I bet you’ll find something you like just as much. Either way, I’ll be following to see what comes of this.

Interesting. I did look up the Testors brand. There are some hobby shops near me if I need to try it and it is reasonably inexpensive. I have another Yaqi in a different color I haven't used. I wonder if I can paint it in white then change the color. If pics are current, they still seem to be glass bottles.

4 459
 03-08-2021, 06:26 AM
User Info
I just got the dlc yaqi razor in chrome...the scalloped head...shaves so good...was super impressed how they enhanced the edwin jagger de89 head design

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

0 24
 03-09-2021, 09:45 PM
User Info
(03-08-2021, 06:26 AM)Ketotrader Wrote: I just got the dlc yaqi razor in chrome...the scalloped head...shaves so good...was super impressed how they enhanced the edwin jagger de89 head design

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I originally got mine with the Beast open comb and was impressed. I just picked up the same handle in black with the scalloped closed comb head. I agree it is an excellent razor. I use them in my rotation quite frequently and my EJ's less.

4 459
 03-10-2021, 02:07 PM
User Info
Anybody get this yet?[Image: d86a497c7a89307b0663e7dbb04a30fa.jpg]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

0 72
 03-10-2021, 02:16 PM
User Info
(03-10-2021, 02:07 PM)FayizD Wrote: Anybody get this yet?[Image: d86a497c7a89307b0663e7dbb04a30fa.jpg]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
They were sold out when I discovered they existed, and still seem to be. I am curious, but likely wouldn't get it as I don't use my adjustable much anymore.

4 459