08-12-2020, 02:05 PM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
Another brush available from a too large rotation.  This is a Two-Band Simpson's Emperor 3 from the Grey Box era.  This brush is not a shedder, and is in excellent condition with the only nit being the lampblack lettering is somewhat light as shown.  Grey box included of course.  The modern equivalent from Simpson's, a faux horn handled E3 in Two Band Silvertip, retails for £239.95  ($312 USD as of today)  I believe that the grey box and lampblack lettering indicate this brush was produced during Simpson's Somerset era ..

I measured the very dense knot (approximately) at a hair (sorry) over 22 mm, with the loft set at 51 mm, larger than the current specifications given by Simpson's.   This handle is 61 mm or so, giving the Emperor a nice long reach for bowl lathering.

I'd like to receive $179 US via PayPal, to include USA shipping (insured), and the PP fees.    Please ask questions if I've omitted something!  Please, as this is a reduction-in-force move no trades, sorry ..

Thanks

[Image: Mn2ACWo.jpg]

[Image: TDysCLc.jpg]

[Image: iRJhNrE.jpg]

72 720
 08-13-2020, 06:41 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Nice!

GLWTS Smile

19 4,446
 08-14-2020, 09:31 AM
  • Sevenbark
  • Lower Clinch River Valley
User Info
The bad thing about using one of these brushes, you will never want to stop applying lather. The best face feel I have ever had. I wished I could relive this era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 341
 08-14-2020, 12:44 PM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
(08-14-2020, 09:31 AM)Sevenbark Wrote: The bad thing about using one of these brushes, you will never want to stop applying lather. The best face feel I have ever had. I wished I could relive this era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. I have a T3 from the Gray era and it is quite good.

18 1,059
 08-15-2020, 04:56 AM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
The brush has sold & is on its way north - thanks

72 720