08-14-2020, 03:47 AM
User Info
Hello everyone. I guess I'm bored still waiting for my brushes to arrive so while I sit on my rocking chair waiting for the fed ex truck to show I left my post taking a chance I would miss the hand off and tried something different.

I wondered what would a dog do if you put a badger hair brush next to their nose.

I have two German Shepard's and my Lexi is a huge protector who will lick you to death and wags her tail and as friendly as can be until you show any type of aggressiveness towards any of her family and she would back you into a corner in a very fierce way.
Sammy is a dog that will watch you for a half hour and warms up to you then starts hanging by you but still would protect if needed but no where near as good as Lexi

I let Lexi sniff brush and she wanted to attack it or play with it. Let's just say she wanted it.

I let Sammy sniff it and she looked very afraid and backed off with her head down low and ran. I mean if she even sees it she will run away very afraid.

Every time I do it the same result.

We all know a badger is a predator and well known for not to mess with. So my thoughts are this , could a badger brush be a sign of what kind of dog you have. The one that respects the predator for what it is and backs off or is it one that wants to push further and shows no fear.

I wonder if anyone else has tried this and if members with dogs come up with similar results then I would bring a badger brush with me the next time I pick out a dog.

Let me know your results if anyone try's this.

I did mention I'm bored waiting for my brushes to arrive right

Thanks Fred , Lexi , Sammy ........ (Lexi is on the right )
[Image: 8ec37bb467604114b2790411cded9425.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 12
 08-14-2020, 03:55 AM
User Info
Give your brush another try with a dachshund!
Smile

[Image: Y8yRPLn.jpg]

0 493
 08-14-2020, 05:15 AM
User Info
I tried this with my labradoodle... She treated the (new and very smelly) badger brush with complete indifference. However my cat (flame point Siamese) was very interested in it, much prolonged sniffing and "Flehmen response" which is this expression for 10 minutes or so  Biggrin

[Image: JqBnSRQ.jpg]

4 351
 08-14-2020, 09:39 AM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
(08-14-2020, 03:47 AM)Fredjames Wrote: Hello everyone. I guess I'm bored still waiting for my brushes to arrive so while I sit on my rocking chair waiting for the fed ex truck to show I left my post taking a chance I would miss the hand off and tried something different.

I wondered what would a dog do if you put a badger hair brush next to their nose.

I have two German Shepard's and my Lexi is a huge protector who will lick you to death and wags her tail and as friendly as can be until you show any type of aggressiveness towards any of her family and she would back you into a corner in a very fierce way.
Sammy is a dog that will watch you for a half hour and warms up to you then starts hanging by you but still would protect if needed but no where near as good as Lexi

I let Lexi sniff brush and she wanted to attack it or play with it.  Let's just say she wanted it.

I let Sammy sniff it and she looked very afraid and backed off with her head down low and ran.  I mean if she even sees it she will run away very afraid.

Every time I do it the same result.

We all know a badger is a predator and well known for not to mess with.  So my thoughts are this , could a badger brush be a sign of what kind of dog you have. The one that respects the predator for what it is and backs off or is it one that wants to push further and shows no fear.

I wonder if anyone else has tried this and if members with dogs come up with similar results then I would bring a badger brush with me the next time I pick out a dog.  

Let me know your results if anyone try's this.

I did mention I'm bored waiting for my brushes to arrive right

Thanks Fred , Lexi , Sammy ........ (Lexi is on the right )
[Image: 8ec37bb467604114b2790411cded9425.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First... beautiful dogs.  I miss my GSD's.  Our Golden died last year.  But he was an avid enemy of ground hogs & rabbits.  But badger being more of a prey animal, not sure what his reaction would be.  Now, the Westie I once had, Oliver, fear never entered into his thinking.  Ever.  He has chased black bear and lunged after dogs much larger than him.  I have no doubt he would treat a badger brush as a thing to be ripped apart and made sport of.  500 Pounds of friendly spunk in a 12# package.

0 170
 08-14-2020, 06:49 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Beautiful dogs!

I miss my dog. Patches passed away nine years ago, and I still sense her presence in the house.

[Image: BoGjwvq.jpg]

19 4,412