08-14-2020, 03:52 AM
User Info
There is a synthetic brush line by Plisson called “white fibre”.
Will the cognoscenti please advice on this knot? It’s differences to Mühle silvertip fibre?
Would you prefer the new Thaeter synthetic fibre knots?

Thanks in advance for your input!

There is a real horn handle version that is very tempting ...

[Image: dd3e6TW.jpg]

0 493
 08-14-2020, 05:08 AM
User Info
It's the same fibre used by Simpsons in their premium synthetic range, only the Plisson knots are far less dense and have a taller loft. Personally, having owned all three I prefer the Plisson's to Thater but would pick a Simpsons (CH2) over either.

4 351
 08-19-2020, 09:19 PM
User Info
@Rohleder: thank you for your input!
I am afraid it must be the Plisson, most of all because of this handleSmile

0 493
 08-19-2020, 09:43 PM
User Info
I wouldn't call it the same material as used in the premium Simpson brushes. It does have better backbone than most synthetics, but that is more because it is more resilient in nature, and not because it has backbone like badger possesses. Not a density monster by any means either. As to what it is most like, that would be hard to say. Not necessarily worth it on the price in my opinion, but then I like larger brushes. Wouldn't mind seeing a newer Plissoft come out with this type of hair though. I do consider it an upgrade to the original fibre they came out with. The best I like is the Omega Evo, but I'm not a big fan of synthetics overall. I'd rather have badger myself.

33 1,003
 08-20-2020, 11:51 AM
User Info
Just don't see the appeal of megabuck brushes with synthetic knots but to each their own.

1 642