08-15-2020, 01:31 PM
User Info
I just had my initial shave with the Everyday razor, and I was pleasantly surprised by how efficient it is. I was concerned that this razor might be too mild for my tastes, but I'm glad that is not the case. I like efficient razors and this one did not let me down. I had no problems getting a BBS shave even on my toughest spots. Blade feel is barely there, just enough to let you know there's a blade in it. It's incredibly smooth also. Feels like it's impossible to cut myself with it.

I dare say that I like this razor even more than the Gen1 Level 2 I had. I don't find it much less efficient, if at all (going by memory since I ended up selling my L2).

As with all of Brian's work, this razor is beautiful. Love the base plate and top cap design!

[Image: 2dbHgVs.jpg]

[Image: ArV6C9z.jpg]

[Image: DDfuWo1.jpg]

[Image: K1IyfyA.jpg]

[Image: JG6SyO4.jpg]

[Image: lC94iRW.jpg]

1 100
 08-15-2020, 02:03 PM
User Info
Beautiful  Heart

0 114
 08-15-2020, 04:43 PM
  • Asafiev
  • Lancaster, PA
User Info
I got this razor in the mail today. It’s a better performer for me that the ATT M1, H&S N075, ASD2, etc. He really did a great job with this one.

0 339
 08-15-2020, 04:59 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Just saw the razor on his website.  Amazing price for today's razors.  His razors are amazing.

17 967
 08-15-2020, 08:48 PM
User Info
(08-15-2020, 04:43 PM)Asafiev Wrote: I got this razor in the mail today.  It’s a better performer for me that the ATT M1, H&S N075, ASD2, etc.  He really did a great job with this one.

I agree that it's better than the AS-D2 and N075 (I haven't used the ATT M1)

1 100
 08-16-2020, 02:21 AM
User Info
Gorgeous razor Indeed!

9 2,120
 08-16-2020, 05:15 AM
User Info
(08-15-2020, 04:43 PM)Asafiev Wrote: I got this razor in the mail today.  It’s a better performer for me that the ATT M1, H&S N075, ASD2, etc.  He really did a great job with this one.

Better efficiency or smoothness or both than those razors? I agree the M1 is super mild. Can anyone compare to the likes of Tatara Masamune or Colonial Silversmith?

0 6
 08-16-2020, 05:57 AM
User Info
Too bad that they sold out very quickly.

5 26
 08-17-2020, 04:52 PM
User Info
(08-16-2020, 05:15 AM)Fedsbackhand Wrote:

Better efficiency or smoothness or both than those razors? I agree the M1 is super mild. Can anyone compare to the likes of Tatara Masamune or Colonial Silversmith?

I have the Tatara with Masamune cap and Nodachi base plate and it's noticeably more efficient and slightly more aggressive than the everyday day razor. The closes in comparison is my Karve OC with B plate... though the Karve is more efficient.  Overall I really like the razor... just need more shaves for the final conclusion.  Here's mine.

[Image: CAirgEk.jpg][Image: 2QHLkOJ.jpg][Image: Iycyfjr.jpg]

0 1
 08-18-2020, 03:37 AM
User Info
Thanks for the comparisons. I know the Tatara razors well, but only have tried the Karve B solid bar. I have the new CG level 1 already but this new design looks to have a better grip and support of the blade.

0 6
 08-29-2020, 09:11 AM
User Info
I’m glad I didn’t pull the initial trigger on these. The lvl 2 is the mildest de that I want to use nowadays.

1 47
 08-30-2020, 05:52 AM
  • Asafiev
  • Lancaster, PA
User Info
(08-16-2020, 05:15 AM)Fedsbackhand Wrote:

Yes, better efficiency and smoothness that the M1 and H&S N075 (YMMV). The same efficiency as the ASD2 but with just a touch more blade feel (again YMMV).

The Tatara Masamune razor is in a different lane to me. The blade gap feels bigger but it’s got less exposure than the Everyday Razor. I really like both of them because they are so unique, offer a different experience, and deliver an excellent result.

The Silversmith is a close cousin to the Everday Razor. I prefer the everyday razor (ER) because it has a smaller blade gap with a touch more exposure, or at least it feels that way to me. Also, the baseplate (on the ER) has that flat front that I prefer on the bar. The Silversmith has more of a point or mini bar on the front of the bottom plate. My style of shave is to ride the bottom plate and tip it to the point where I feel the blade. So for me the ER has the style I prefer but thats just a personal preference. If you are a top cap rider it would be a mute point for you.

In summary, the ER is a unique offering in the “smaller blade gap but still feel the blade” category. It’s easy to find the blade angle and maintain it. I enjoy using it as the namesake implies. If you are an everyday shaver I would suggest looking into it.

0 339
 08-30-2020, 06:21 AM
User Info
Thanks for the comparisons. I tried but didn't buy the N075 which was really smooth but pretty heavy, still haven't used the ASD2. The Masamune is an interesting design in that while the exposure is negative I can still feel the blade. It's not at all uncomfortable, very smooth in fact and I really enjoy this razor. Actually I prefer it over the Silversmith which I find less efficient than the Tatara even with the larger gap/exposure. 

Hopefully the ER will be restocked soon.

0 6