08-28-2020, 11:26 PM
User Info
Gentlemen, share (you can in a personal to avoid confrontation) your personal comparison with the Sebum and GD soap (if you also really like them and use them).

Thanks
Michael

5 173
 08-30-2020, 02:10 PM
User Info
Deleted

82 6,301
 08-30-2020, 02:27 PM
User Info
Deleted

82 6,301
 08-30-2020, 02:46 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
I know certif, and I believe his intentions to be honest.
He's debating which products to buy, and seeks opinions of those who've used all.
No need to delete this thread; members are encouraged to 'play nicely'.

119 19,519
 08-30-2020, 02:47 PM
User Info
(08-30-2020, 02:10 PM)primotenore Wrote: This is a post to create conflict and I strongly urge the MODS to delete it.
Sir, I am sorry that my post made you so suspicious (

I created a post on here and another forum without any bad thoughts, because I want to know different opinions (where else can I find 
it?). After all, that's what forums exist for it.
 It seems strange to me that many veterans are in no hurry to buy Ethos and report on it. I want to know what really lies behind all this. By the way, I bought one can of Ethos soap and I will try it myself soon.

P.S. Sorry, but I am not aware of all the intrigues and confrontations on the forums.

5 173
 08-30-2020, 02:51 PM
User Info
Anyways, both are amazing and you can’t go wrong with either. I’ve been a huge fan of Sē’bŭm but have been selling as of late to entertain other hobbies. I would say what I liked most about sebum was the AS oil. I suspect 99% of shavers would be more than happy with either. Enjoy and good luck!

31 470
 08-30-2020, 02:56 PM
User Info
(08-30-2020, 02:46 PM)Agravic Wrote: I know certif, and I believe his intentions to be honest.
He's debating which products to buy, and seeks opinions of those who've used all.
No need to delete this thread; members are encouraged to 'play nicely'.

Thanks Ravi!

5 173
 08-30-2020, 02:59 PM
User Info
(08-30-2020, 02:10 PM)primotenore Wrote: This is a post to create conflict and I strongly urge the MODS to delete it.

This is a ridiculous post, Joseph. You ought to delete it.

229 1,363
 08-30-2020, 03:09 PM
User Info
(08-30-2020, 02:47 PM)certif Wrote:
Sir, I am sorry that my post made you so suspicious (

I created a post on here and another forum without any bad thoughts, because I want to know different opinions (where else can I find 
it?). After all, that's what forums exist for it.
 It seems strange to me that many veterans are in no hurry to buy Ethos and report on it. I want to know what really lies behind all this. By the way, I bought one can of Ethos soap and I will try it myself soon.

P.S. Sorry, but I am not aware of all the intrigues and confrontations on the forums.

Ethos has been great to use the last couple weeks. It has treated me well with no real issues. I primarily have used SV for years and years with consistency and although I know there are plenty that work just as well, I haven't been intrigued enough to really buy more soaps. I am likely to purchase a tub of the lavender supreme shave soap sometime this year. I would rate it top tier although there isn't anything I could really want that isn't there with the Ethos, I don't feel like I am missing out if I don't have a tub of it right now. I still have enough soaps that I want to use and shave with. 

I have no experience or interest in trying Sebum. I have used a few of the veggie GD soaps and although I liked the performance, I wasn't a huge fan of the softer consistency as well as the available scents. That seems to be one thing that I like about SV is that I can load from a harder consistency product. That is one thing that I don't love about the Ethos is the softer consistency but it is still user friendly so again, Ethos gets two thumbs up from me.

87 1,797
 08-30-2020, 04:02 PM
User Info
(08-30-2020, 02:59 PM)nervosa1901 Wrote:

This is a ridiculous post, Joseph. You ought to delete it.
I respect your opinion, Chris. I will bow out. Posts deleted.

82 6,301
 08-30-2020, 04:47 PM
User Info
As long as it remains gentlemanly, we can certainly have a discussion of these two products.

60 10,494
 08-31-2020, 02:12 PM
User Info
You're absolutely correct, Ricardo. With that being said, I can calmly voice my opinion, that threads such as these far too often lead to animosity and rancor. They all too often are intended to pit one fan base against another. Especially when comments such as this are made by the OP. 

"It seems strange to me that many veterans are in no hurry to buy Ethos and report on it."

We've all seen these threads before, and it was my sincere hope to "head it off at the pass", but since that is clearly not going to happen, I will refrain from further posting, but let's be real. I am not known on TSN for posting "ridiculous posts". I overreacted and deleted my prior posts and I regret not having stood my ground.

82 6,301
 08-31-2020, 06:46 PM
  • SteelyEdge
  • Is it razor sharp? Works for me..
  • Northeast, USA
User Info
I have experience only with GD & Ethos. Have never sampled Sebum soaps. GD has been an excellent performer in every facet of performance. A rich and luxurious lather that provides all one would need. Each base is different and in there for me, is where it’s weakness lies. Inconsistent soap base formula that has a quick turnover rate. You try one you like and poof! No longer available. It can be a bit frustrating when you acquire something that works only to realize that it might not be available anymore. I have a few tubs of GD’s Janus & Mallard bases that work well for me but, I won’t be chasing anymore of GD’s soaps because of the previously mentioned reason of inconsistency. Post shave is also good with GD but, not better than a few others that I use with Ethos being one of them. Ethos has been on my radar for some time but, it has been slightly difficult for me to acquire it but, the website should be up very, very soon. I purchased a set of their Succes scent off of the b/s/t some time ago and have used it for about 8 of my last 10 shaves. Nothing but superb results from start to finish. An awesome lather that builds quickly and fully with great water absorption for elite level glide & slickness. Performance is on par with the best in the business. But, what I’ve noticed with each use of the Ethos soap is the post shave attributes that I’ve been consistently experiencing. It has been an eye opener in that my face feels clean & healthy. Some soaps leave a bit to much of their byproduct ingredients which are intended for skin healing and nourishment but, at times leaves my skin feeling heavy or somewhat loaded and leads to either a bit more of an oily feeling or sometimes dries my skin out without helping in retaining moisture. I know, we have after shave products for that to help in conditioning and toning a mans skin. Honestly, some of these soaps have added some real good ingredients so, to me every little bit helps and at times I come to expect it. The Ethos soap just simply leaves my skin without being overly saturated nor dried out. It rinses of easily yet whatever is in there leaves my skin healthy looking and hydrated. Again, I’ve only tried their Succes scented soap and I’m eagerly awaiting the site to go up so that I can try a couple more of their offerings. The soap and the skin food splash have been an excellent pairing for my shaving needs.

1 320
 09-01-2020, 04:08 PM
User Info
From what I’ve experienced so far...

Sebum - their oil is good but a bit heavy for me. Left my face somewhat oily. Best for me to use during the cold months. Soap is great, price is an issue. Especially now that it is custom orders only. But with it not containing steric acid it is just different somehow. A very slick soap if you get the water dialed in just right. The best yogurty/runny looking soap I’ve ever whipped up. Performance was great for me but the cost couldn’t justify it for me. Post shave feel is no slouch but prolly 3rd for me of the 3.

GD - having tried a few bases, i settled on their Nai base. For whatever reason, his soaps don’t build up a lot for me in the sense that it’s a bit thin at times. Slickness is great and post shave feel is on par with ETHOS for me. Another true asset to his line is the pre shave. I love using it and feel that it provides added slickness and cushion.

ETHOS - a great soap but as I face lather only I don’t reach for it as much as I should. I usually smear some on my face and then lather it up which works fine but is the only product I use that I have to do it with. Slickness is great and post shave feel is great, on par with GD. What really brings it together for me is his skin food splash. I’m very particular on aftershaves and find most either too oily or too drying. His aftershaves compliment his soaps perfectly to create an ultimate shave experience. Almost as if I can feel my skin able to breathe use. Have the lavender set and the unscented splash. Just recieved his Pre-lather and after 2 uses its ok. I prefer GDs tho as ETHOS one is a deodorant type roll on and doesn’t work the best “rolling” onto my face. It’s almost as if it gets caught on the hairs.

Of the 3, you def can’t go wrong with any. I would try them all out to make your own decision. Happy shaved!

1 47
 09-03-2020, 03:39 AM
User Info
(08-30-2020, 02:47 PM)certif Wrote:  It seems strange to me that many veterans are in no hurry to buy Ethos and report on it.  

This statement is FALSE and misleading. MANY have used it and posted extremely positive reviews..........

6 438
 09-03-2020, 05:10 AM
User Info
(09-03-2020, 03:39 AM)Misunderstood Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 02:47 PM)certif Wrote:  It seems strange to me that many veterans are in no hurry to buy Ethos and report on it.  

This statement is FALSE and misleading. MANY have used it and posted extremely positive reviews..........
+1
That's what I have been saying...

82 6,301
 09-03-2020, 05:45 AM
User Info
(09-03-2020, 05:10 AM)primotenore Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 03:39 AM)Misunderstood Wrote:

+1
That's what I have been saying...

I'm not on here as much as I'd like due to time. Just saw this and was floored by this statement......

6 438
 09-03-2020, 06:02 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Idea

I’m not looking to fan any flames. In fact, I generally try to err on the side of civility. Perhaps the gentleman simply missed those posts and reviews? No need to get riled up over it...

19 4,443
 09-03-2020, 06:11 AM
User Info
(09-03-2020, 06:02 AM)chazt Wrote: Idea

I’m not looking to fan any flames. In fact, I generally try to err on the side of civility. Perhaps the gentleman simply missed those posts and reviews? No need to get riled up over it...

I'm not seeking to rile anybody up either or fan any flames but this individual has posted the same thing on another forum that is loaded with great reviews and videos of Ethos products. It would be hard to miss if someone was actually looking for information,which is what he indicates he's been seeking and claims that veteran wet shavers are leery of it or not purchasing it. That's a pretty big statement to make if you've not done your due diligence. Seems pretty clear to me.

I'm surprised just pointing out a statement is false is considered getting riled up. Should I ignore it and leave people including the OP uninformed. I'll move on.............

6 438
 09-03-2020, 07:32 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Yep, me too Biggrin

19 4,443