08-29-2020, 04:56 AM
User Info
A college buddy's relative just broke the world record in Everesting - something like 11 hours and change

WHAT IS EVERESTING?

It truly is a beautifully simple but fiendishly difficult challenge. It can take place on any hill, anywhere in the world and can be tracked by any device that runs Strava. By selecting a valid segment and ‘simply’ repeating enough times to generate 8,848 metres of ascent and descent, the Everest is completed. Participants may stop and refuel, resting destroyed limbs for as long as required, but sleeping is strictly forbidden and the attempt must be undertaken in a single effort. For the vast majority of aspiring Everesters the immensity of the challenge in itself is enough, but there will always be athletes who strive to trim the fat from the ticking clock and post the fastest times possible. This is where my interest became piqued.

65 1,936
 08-29-2020, 05:00 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
This is my kind of training
[Image: NrzUzie.jpg]

Do you train for Everesting by K2ing?

19 4,438
 08-29-2020, 05:38 AM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
I would have never thought I'd see this on a wet shaving forum. But of course shaving and cycling go hand in hand. I've followed the everlasting challenge and when Contador took the record to promote his new frame it also caught the interest of a lot of pros wanting to not only beat Contador but make their mark in the challenge. For the bloke from Ireland to take the records truly a show of strength. Well done I say.................it's now time to watch some serious racing.TDF time.

0 603
 08-29-2020, 08:09 AM
User Info
I had never heard of this. I wonder if it is as difficult as the Barkley's Marathon.   Shy

92 21,340