09-07-2020, 10:35 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info

The new two releases from Gentleman’s Nod are two homages to scents and famous characters :

Sir Arthur is a homage to Penhaligons English Fern and Conan Doyle

Sir Winston is a homage to Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet and Winston Churchill

The shaving soaps with the Cardinal based (tallow) make a thick , creamy lather but extremely slick and very protective.I have a dry skin and love how they leave my skin after the shave.

The lotions are very cooling and refreshing and the scents lingers for hours.

These lines are very easy for me to recommend due to the quality of their ingredients and also the scents.

Very well done for Gentleman’s Nod once again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96 7,480
 09-07-2020, 02:35 PM
User Info
Nice job, Teiste. Soap base is elite of the elite.

If the scent quality of these is on par w Zaharoff, we are in for a treat.

20 734
 09-14-2020, 04:08 PM
User Info
The Sir Arthur aftershave is potent! I shaved at 630 and at 8 its feels and smells like I just applied the aftershave. Lucky for me, my wife likes the aroma too.

69 2,047
 09-26-2020, 11:25 AM
User Info
I have both sets as well and can’t say enough about the performance and scent of both. Simply amazing. Gentlemen’s Nod is my top 3 favorite artisans and the Cardinal base is probably the best in my den. I am a huge fan of Penhaligon’s and these two scents will not disappoint if you are a fan.

0 6
 09-27-2020, 01:44 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(09-26-2020, 11:25 AM)Derhey Wrote: I have both sets as well and can’t say enough about the performance and scent of both. Simply amazing. Gentlemen’s Nod is my top 3 favorite artisans and the Cardinal base is probably the best in my den. I am a huge fan of Penhaligon’s and these two scents will not disappoint if you are a fan.

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying them. We received a shipment of both scents the other day and, they will be available for purchase when we return from vacation on October 1st.

53 21,763
 10-07-2020, 01:06 PM
User Info
I shaved with Sir Arthur for the first time today. I’m a fan of fougere scents and this one is great. The soap is excellent as well. I didn’t buy the aftershave, but the soap’s scent is sticking around for a couple of hours at this point. Very nice.

4 903
 10-13-2020, 05:39 AM
User Info
I have a question re: Gentleman’s Nod aftershaves, specifically Sir Winston.

I own 2 Gentleman’s Nod soaps.  Zaharoff and Sir Winston.  The performance of both soaps are just simply excellent.  Although I enjoy the Zaharoff fragrance, I’m just not a cologne kinda guy...I didn’t buy the AS.  I did buy both the Sir Winston soap and AS.

I’m wondering if the Sir Winston AS is typical for GN?  I find the splash to be quite “oily”.  Once it is splashed on my face it takes a while to be absorbed and it’s greasy on my hand. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, just very different than anything else that I use.  
I’ve questioned whether I got an oddly mixed bottle of the Sir Winston AS...

5 240