09-26-2020, 04:56 PM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
Recently I made a sweet purchase of a couple of Old Spice mugs, a sanitizer jar and an old brush.  I've looked and looked but can't pin down who the maker of the brush is for sure.   Looks like one of the Old Spice brushes from the 80s, but with the top, blond part of the handle cut off.  I dunno.  Any ideas?  Also, the knot hair is a mystery.  I'm less than a year into this hobby.  And not experienced enough to know what it may be made of.  It's stiffer than my badger hair brush.  So figure it to most likely be boar. Ideas?  It's still damp from having washed it out.
[Image: dNt6kXQ.jpg][Image: 8y0StPv.jpg][Image: 8NxSZJe.jpg][Image: fddCtkp.jpg]

0 231
 09-27-2020, 07:14 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
It could be my eyes deceiving my brain, but it looks to be hand carved, and filled either with clay or cork.

19 4,562
 09-27-2020, 07:38 AM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
(09-27-2020, 07:14 AM)chazt Wrote: It could be my eyes deceiving my brain, but it looks to be hand carved, and filled either with clay or cork.

I believe you're correct on both observations.  Looked at it close as I was using it this morning.  And after gently poking it with my thumb nail, it feels like cork.  And the outer handle does indeed look hand carved.  It may be a neat one of a kind item.  I would love to know the story behind it.

0 231