10-07-2020, 11:54 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I have been in the wet shaving business for nearly 12 years and, it takes a lot for a product to really grab my attention. I can honestly say that Luna Shaving Soaps are among the best vegetable based artisan soaps that I have ever used. 

Luna soaps have been receiving high praise in Europe for several years but until now, they were unavailable (and thus relatively unknown) in the United States. Elena Escamilla, the artisan behind the brand, uses 100% natural ingredients including high quality essential oils, plants, aqueous extracts, macerations, vegetable oils, and tinctures to make the soaps. All of the soaps are made in small batches to preserve freshness. As an added bonus, all of the products made by Luna Cosmetics use sustainable ingredients and none of the products are tested on animals.

While being environmentally friendly is nice, it would not matter if the performance is lacking. You can put those fears to rest. These soaps lather easily and produce an extremely slick lather that has excellent skin conditioning qualities. Scents are extremely subjective but, all three scents are on the mild side especially when lathered.

[Image: C9F6A3H.jpg]

53 21,655
 10-07-2020, 08:38 PM
User Info
I’ve tried Elena’s fantastic soap base. My experience is with the unscented version and it is a very good soap, ime.

9 1,611
 10-08-2020, 08:29 AM
User Info
Very good soaps indeed,  Elena's liquid balsam is exceptional also.  Signs011

9 2,133
 10-08-2020, 05:08 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(10-08-2020, 08:29 AM)lu20vt Wrote: Very good soaps indeed,  Elena's liquid balsam is exceptional also.  Signs011

I will have to give the balm a try.

53 21,655
 10-08-2020, 05:15 PM
User Info
Luna soaps have been getting excellent reviews in Europe.  It's great that BG has brought these to the USA.

60 10,552
 10-09-2020, 03:53 AM
  • MaxP
  • Des Moines, Iowa
User Info
Tellus looks interesting from a scent profile.
If anyone has first-hand experience with it and cares to post a comment, I'd be interested.
I've too many soaps that i bought blindly and don't care for.

66 1,949
 10-09-2020, 04:53 AM
User Info
(10-09-2020, 03:53 AM)MaxP Wrote: Tellus looks interesting from a scent profile.  
If anyone has first-hand experience with it and cares to post a comment, I'd be interested.

My wife has commented on my habit

67 1,982
 10-10-2020, 02:10 PM
  • MrGuy
  • Black Hills of SD
User Info
(10-09-2020, 03:53 AM)MaxP Wrote: Tellus looks interesting from a scent profile.

I picked up a jar of Tellus and I’m very impressed! The scent is extremely mild, mainly bergamot to my nose, very natural. It tugs quite strong on a memory, but I absolutely cannot recall why. I don’t pick up and lingering scent post shave, but I shave before my shower. Several soaps stick around even after the shower, but this is mostly gone even before I turn on the water. No scent off the open jar as it sits to dry for the day either, unless I stick my nose up close for a sniff, which seems to happen often. I also get a slight hint of that generic scent of a great vintage soap when all the actual scent fades away, it always reminds me of “fat” but I don’t know why. I don’t think anyone would ever be blown away by the scent, but I also don’t see anyone disliking it, if that makes sense. Been using it since Wednesday thanks to the crazy fast shipping from BullGoose!

I used it in a video posted YouTube yesterday, but don’t think you’ll get any more info that what I’ve said here.

1 101