10-14-2020, 04:10 PM
User Info
Wondering if anyone has any experience with Fendrihan razors. I have one on the way. I liked the razor and it looked really sharp. Relatively inexpensive and made in China, supposedly a solid brass handle and a zamak head. Hoping it's nice.

2 138
 10-16-2020, 02:35 PM
User Info
Which Fendrihan razor are you talking about. Their stainless steel offerings has two heads, on the MkII and the other is a coated head that comes in different colors. I have the MkII which I originaly got because I thought it would be a stainless steel clone of the Merkur 34 head. When I got it, it did not have blade guide pins like the Merkur, but bars, like the Rotbart. I was pleasantly surprised because the shave quality was something in between the Merkur and Rotbart, which made for a comfortable and efficient shave. The other head that comes in different coatings I heard was pretty aggressive.

0 3
 10-16-2020, 03:33 PM
User Info
(10-16-2020, 02:35 PM)gvw755 Wrote: Which Fendrihan razor are you talking about. Their stainless steel offerings has two heads, on the MkII and the other is a coated head that comes in different colors. I have the MkII which I originaly got because I thought it would be a stainless steel clone of the Merkur 34 head. When I got it, it did not have blade guide pins like the Merkur, but bars, like the Rotbart. I was pleasantly surprised because the shave quality was something in between the Merkur and Rotbart, which made for a comfortable and efficient shave. The other head that comes in different coatings I heard was pretty aggressive.

I suppose that info would have helped. It is the gold plated King Razor. Brass handle, closed comb zamak head. 

[Image: 943ZIpx.jpg]

2 138
 10-16-2020, 04:57 PM
User Info
I took a look at the head and it appears to be the standard head that is used by many Chinese razors. The most notable models are the RR Mentor and Maggard v3a. I have the Yintal version and it is a great shaver. It is leaning toward the aggressive side, but the angle can be adjusted to get a different feel and it is very efficient a shaver.

0 3
 10-16-2020, 05:07 PM
User Info
(10-16-2020, 04:57 PM)gvw755 Wrote: I took a look at the head and it appears to be the standard head that is used by many Chinese razors. The most notable models are the RR Mentor and Maggard v3a. I have the Yintal version and it is a great shaver. It is leaning toward the aggressive side, but the angle can be adjusted to get a different feel and it is very efficient a shaver.

Thanks! That is good to know. I don't mind a head that leans toward the more aggressive side. It is also on the heavier side (4.1 oz./119g.), which I like. It is arriving tomorrow, not sure if I will get a shave in with it. Depends on what time my mail gets here. Looking forward to getting it.

2 138
 10-19-2020, 01:43 PM
User Info
Received the razor today. I have to say, it is a pretty sharp looking razor. I hope to shave with it soon and see how it shaves, but it does feel pretty good in my hand it has a nice heft to it.

[Image: YOPtlYB.jpg]

2 138
 10-19-2020, 03:33 PM
  • MrGuy
  • Black Hills of SD
User Info
(10-19-2020, 01:43 PM)Mike Distress Wrote:
Received the razor today. I have to say, it is a pretty sharp looking razor. I hope to shave with it soon and see how it shaves, but it does feel pretty good in my hand it has a nice heft to it.

That does look really nice!

1 101
 10-19-2020, 04:22 PM
User Info
(10-19-2020, 03:33 PM)MrGuy Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 01:43 PM)Mike Distress Wrote:

That does look really nice!

It does. I’m hoping to get a shave in with it tomorrow. I also got their shaving cream samples to try them.

2 138
 10-19-2020, 06:48 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Very nice, Mike. The handle looks like a hybrid of one of those old “bar” handles and a barberpole.

19 4,550
 10-19-2020, 07:08 PM
User Info
(10-19-2020, 06:48 PM)chazt Wrote: Very nice, Mike. The handle looks like a hybrid of one of those old “bar” handles and a barberpole.

Thanks! Yeah, I find myself drawn to barbershop pole deigns. I liked the finish and it just caught my eye. We’ll see how it shaves.

2 138
 10-20-2020, 05:45 PM
User Info
Shaved with the razor today using a Feather blade. I have to say, I got an amazing, super close comfortable shave. The razor os longer than any others I won, but I adjusted to it and it wasn't a problem. Taking the razor apart to remove the blade after shaving I did see some flaws in the finish under the cap. There is a small spot missing plating and it seems like the thread at the bottom was damaged, it had to be pulled off. That explains why I had trouble putting the blade in. Doesn't seem to be an issue now. One thing I am still having issues with is screwing it back together and getting it to screw in smoothly. With minor finish issues under the cap, I'm not too terribly concerned. Especially for $30. I am just hoping to resolve the issuing screwing the handle back on. May be user error, but I normally don't have that issue with any other razor. 

[Image: RdQzcDW.jpg]

2 138