10-30-2020, 08:51 AM
  • Wrathen
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
User Info
I’ve been using a Titanium Timeless for a while and really love the weight. I’ve tried a Wolfman Guerilla in the past and wasn’t fond of the shave it gave. Is there better aluminum razors? Or other good titanium razor options.

I don’t keep up with the DE razor news anymore as I found I was always wanting to spend money so found it safer to only come out when I wanted something.

I love my timeless but want something else to add to switch it up some. Just read the H&S review and that looked nice.

I’m and a head and face shaver ever second or third day. Normally use Kai or Feather blades. Current Timeless head is a .68 OC but ok with more or less aggressive. Ok with SB. OC, or maybe DC. Also I’m ok with waiting and maybe picking up something used. Always wanted a Titanium Wolfman but never had the luck, the two SS Wolfman have been great and wish I hadn’t sold them to pay medical bills.

So recommend me a razor?

joined the H&S pass around so going to wait for that, but looks very promising for next razor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 808
 10-30-2020, 01:34 PM
User Info
I would hold off for the H&S razors. Not much beats the Ti Timeless.

19 288
 10-31-2020, 01:54 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Henson Shaving has both aluminum & titanium (pre-order).  Really good reviews.  Really Really good prices.  Made in Canada
Hone Shaving in EU has aluminum.  Milder razor with some design awards.
Karve has aluminum razor.   Christopher Bradley razor (aluminum) has good reviews and many fans.  When production starts again, will be in Canada.
Seygus has titanium model.  Bull Goose trying to import to US for sale.  Should be excellent razor.  Made in Spain.

I agree @SweetReason, the Ti Timeless is a well loved razor.

17 968
 11-01-2020, 01:29 AM
  • ischiapp
  • Forio d'Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
I love aluminium safety razors.
DEs, but specially SEs.
It's light, very light.
Almost a half of Titanium.
So, It requires a very good technique.
The hand must control the blade edge.

[OT]
If I've to suggest, easy to find and high value for money, a SE as RazoRock Hawk V2.
My preferred combo is with guarded AC blade, best I find Kai ProTouch.
I've the Colonial Razor The General V1 Alum, and It's perfect for me.
[/OT]

On the other side there're new resin injected or 3D printed.
For the first, my standard is the Dorco PL602.
For the second, I've a couple of models by Tom White.
TNNSER3D and TNNIBR Wabbit, both very nice.
For who really loves lightness.
And can master it.

0 2,338
 11-01-2020, 06:10 PM
User Info
Carbon Shaving Ti. The original plate is .68 and has a good amount of blade exposure. My current #1 razor setup. He also has the + and ++ plates, blade exposure decreases as the gap increases for these plates.

1 52
 11-02-2020, 06:26 AM
User Info
Since you already have the Timeless Ti, the only step up would be to get the polished Timeless Ti.

0 74
 11-08-2020, 12:58 PM
User Info
(10-30-2020, 01:34 PM)SweetReason Wrote: I would hold off for the H&S razors. Not much beats the Ti Timeless.
IMO H&S Co. beats Timeless Razors hands down.  The H&S Co. N-075 is both milder and more efficient than the Timeless 68, and the H&S Co. P-076 gives me a cleaner shave in one pass than the Timeless 95 does in three. The H&S Co. P-076 is a very light and low profile razor (the Ti head weighs only 15 grams), compared to the Timeless which is both heavy and bulky.  The H&S Co. P-076 SB compares favorably to a Wolfman WR1 .74 mm SB, plus it comes in Ti, and costs less too.

25 335
 11-09-2020, 07:57 AM
User Info
The Ti H&S P-076 arrived yesterday and took it for the ropes course right away. If you have the funds, go for it. Using the P-076 might have been the most fun I've had while shaving. The positive blade exposure might be what my neck needed to get an absolute BBS shave. The whiskers pinged right off when you get the shaving angle right and I can tell this might be one of the longest BBS I've had. I like the Timeless razors as well. All the Timeless razors allow me to shave on autopilot mode and get a great shave every time because their razors work at all angles.

19 288
 11-10-2020, 02:24 AM
User Info
All good recommendations. the Henson Ti with the aggressive plate is interesting, and a BlackBird Ti is being released this weekend, but if you are found of the Timeless Ti and you use a .68 I would go Henson medium in aluminum or Ti and if you use the .95 I would go Henson aggressive Ti or H & S PO76 or the BB Ti.

34 685
 11-13-2020, 06:35 AM
  • TADIII
  • Gilletter from Home
  • FL & NC
User Info
I find an aluminum head with aluminum handle to be very light and maneuverable.  This Razorock SLOC 2.0 milled aluminum head on a Triad turned aluminum handle to be just about the same weight as my 1971 Trac II!  The blade-forward feel to it acts as a red-light to me before applying any pressure.

Tom
[Image: ZIZ13Ou.jpg]

19 110
 11-19-2020, 03:14 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
I would strongly recommend the BlackBird Ti. This is the most efficient and forgiving razor for me comparing to Timeless, WR1 and WR2, Paradigm Ti I, Tatara, Webers, RS10, CharcoalGoods, and ATT.

126 1,912
 11-19-2020, 03:25 PM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
It was my impression that the Blackland had just come out? How have you tried one so soon?

0 637
 11-21-2020, 09:30 AM
User Info
I love my ATT Calypso H1 for the dome and face. If you like light razors give one a try can't beat the price.

0 4