10-30-2020, 01:23 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I have been off the forums for some time and came back looking for a review of Caswell Massey soaps, which Phil has recently added to his shop. It looks like a number of classic shaving soap brands have reformulated their soaps while I wasn’t looking - I noticed the thread on Floris and other comments about Cyril Salter and DR Harris. The acquisition gears are being set in motion, and my main concern is obtaining the new formulation, not old stock. Are there particular stockists where I can be confident of obtaining the latest greatest of each?

And if anyone has experience with the new Caswell Massey soaps, consider starting a new thread with your thoughts.

Cheers

43 1,713
 11-03-2020, 12:41 PM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
Eh, Bullgoose?

9 847
 11-03-2020, 05:26 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
The new Caswell-Massey soaps are artisan soaps made by the Holy Black but scented with the traditional Caswell-Massey scents. They are soft soaps and they lather easily. I have been using the Sandalwood for the past couple of weeks and, I am impressed.

The Caswell Massey creams are a little different from what I am used to. They are extremely slick and have excellent skin care qualities but, it does not produce mounds of lather. It works great as a brushless cream.

53 21,665