11-13-2020, 04:45 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
I have a second gold Gillette Aristocrat in need of revamping and replating. Many years ago I used Razor Emporium for two heirloom razors and they did an excellent job. Ill probably use them again for this but I thought I'd ask around first to see if anything has changed.
Thanks in advance.

8 2,857
 11-13-2020, 08:29 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
I’ve used RE. Their work was solid.

I’ve also used Chris Evatt at Razor Plate dot com three, maybe four times. He does good work as well.

Quality from both seems comparable. My advice is to check their current prices and turn around times to help make this decision.

19 4,622
 11-13-2020, 01:47 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(11-13-2020, 08:29 AM)chazt Wrote: I’ve used RE. Their work was solid.

I’ve also used Chris Evatt at Razor Plate dot com three, maybe four times. He does good work as well.

Quality from both seems comparable. My advice is to check their current prices and turn around times to help make this decision.

Its been many years but when I had mine done the thing was not everyone who did replating also did repairs and adjusting.

8 2,857
 11-13-2020, 04:18 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
I can’t speak to their repair work, Ken. Their plating was good. Matt certainly seems knowledgeable in his many videos. Does that translate to quality repair? I d k.

19 4,622
 11-14-2020, 03:31 AM
User Info
I have a Slim and Toggle done by Matt and a Fatboy and Toggle done by Chris and Cap all of them are excellent.

34 688