11-29-2020, 06:08 AM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
It being the start if the Holiday season, we were watching this movie last night called "Heaven Sent".  Wife's choice.  And somewhere in the middle there's a scene where the lead guy is talking to his daughter and starts shaving.  Behold, he pulls out a brush & bowl and whips up a lather and begins.  I couldn't identify the DE razor he used.  But it was nice, and not some cheap one you'd find at your local drug store.  And it reminded me of one of the many classic film noire flicks I've watched this year.  One of them, I can't recall the title, Dan Duryea's character starts a shave with a straight razor.  Plus various episodes of MASH were the various characters are doing a traditional shave from time to time.  So...

It has become a sort of thing for me now, especially when watching classic movies, to keep an eye out for scenes where the guys are doing a shave, and seeing if I can figure out the make up of his kit.  An odd trivial thing, I know.  But I do this too with other interests I have a keen knowledge about.  Any one else do this?

0 300
 11-29-2020, 07:40 AM
  • chazt
  • Shimmer of Techs
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Yes, I’m always on the lookout for shave and guitar related items.
[Image: ho76p0g.gif]

19 4,681
 11-29-2020, 09:31 AM
User Info
Am I obsessed with my favorite hobby, you bet I am and I do the same thing - always trying to figure what is what.
I find it amazing how many movies have shaving scenes. Ken Burns series on baseball shows the old ballparks with huge outfield shaving related ads.
Blazing Saddles was on the other night - shaving scene with Gene Wilder - the movie list is practically endless.

69 2,042